Discovery Channel love :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovery Channel love :)

I know there have already been threads posted on individual Discovery Channel shows, but I figured I'd start a general Discovery Channel thread.

I particularly love watching "Dirty Jobs." It's a blast watching host Mike Rowe mess on some job I know I wouldn't be caught dead doing. Plus, he has a cool TV voice, and charisma -- even though sometimes he can be a little rude.

I also love watching "Mythbusters" for its wacky experiments and host personalities (silly Adam and mostly-serious, beret-wearing Jamie). Plus "Cash Cab" because I enjoy playing along and seeing which and how many questions I know the answers to.

How 'bout you guys? What are your favorite Discovery Channel shows and why?

Re: Discovery Channel love

Good thread idea.

I'm rather fond of American Chopper, and of course I love MythBusters. That episode where they do the urine tests after eating poppy seeds was hilarious.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I am a fan of most of the line up they have.

Mythbusters( I think I am in love with Kari Byron) is awesome, the Planet earth series they did was amazing. I like the hot rod type shows, as I am a BIG buff on classic cars. discovery Wild is normally pretty good. The program line up on there HD channel is AWESOME!

I liked when they used to have shows like Junkyard wars, or was that TLC? I like TLC a lot too.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

I've been watching a lot of Discovery Health (Digital Channel 343) lately.

One of my favorites has been Jon & Kate Plus 8 -- cameras follow a PA couple with six year old twins and 2 year old sextuplets. The new season starts on October 2nd.

The stories of morbidly obese individuals are quite fascinating as well.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I love Dirty Jobs and am a huge Mike Rowe fan.

Mike Rowe worked at QVC for a long time back in the early 90s, search for "Mike Rowe QVC" on YouTube to check out some hilarious old video.

I also enjoy Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, and my all-time favorite: I Shouldn't Be Alive.

Comment

And here I thought this thread was about Discovery's "History of Sex and Love"

I've been too busy to watch much TV. The thing I found odd is that the National Geographic channel had become what Discovery used to be (more documentary), while Discovery has move more to the sensational stuff (Mythbusters, Monster Garage, etc.)

What I miss, especially on this Thunderbird weekend is "Wings". Also "Movie Magic".

Comment

Originally posted by Tiabla View Post
              I love Dirty Jobs and am a huge Mike Rowe fan.

Mike Rowe worked at QVC for a long time back in the early 90s, search for "Mike Rowe QVC" on YouTube to check out some hilarious old video.
              I've seen those videos. The one where he tries selling Katsaks was weird. "My Way" on the karaoke is classic. I got a kick out of the one where he's selling the Precious Moments figurine.

Originally posted by GeckoGeek
              The thing I found odd is that the National Geographic channel had become what Discovery used to be (more documentary), while Discovery has move more to the sensational stuff (Mythbusters, Monster Garage, etc.)
              I was just thinking that the other day. Not a whole lot of animal documentaries anymore on Discovery Channel proper... I guess that's where Animal Planet (part of Discovery's networks) comes in. I love watching "Planet Earth."

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                I liked when they used to have shows like Junkyard wars, or was that TLC? I like TLC a lot too.
                Junkyard Wars started off on TLC. Then it (and it's UK counterpart, Scrapheap Challenge) was shown on Discovery. Haven't seen that series in awhile.

Another great show that started on TLC was Trading Spaces. This is the show that rocketed Ty Pennington to fame.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Jamie & Adam from "Mythbusters" are going on tour. Just got the word (and tickets) this morning, for their Seattle stop in early October. I don't know where else they will be (but they oughta go to Hawai`i, right?)

Here's the description ---
                  Behind The Scenes at Mythbusters
                  A hilarious evening with Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage

Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage take you on a behind-the-scenes look at the Discovery Channel's Mythbusters with a hilarious and entertaining Inside The Scientist's Studio style presentation. They will bring stories of myths gone wrong and outtakes of segments never seen on air. They will answer questions about their unique personal chemistry and the mad science behind making one of the most popular shows on television. You give Jamie and Adam your suggestions for myths they should bust on future programs. “Behind The Scenes At Mythbusters” does not include experiments or explosions.

Comment

Working...
                  X