Singing Bee vs. Don't Forget the Lyric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singing Bee vs. Don't Forget the Lyric

Well, it seems FOX and NBC have the same idea (unless one network is ripping off another).

Both are game shows that are like the ghost of Name That Tune only using karaoke-style element to let contestants guess the words of the song being played.

Don't Forget the Lyric is hosted by Wayne Brady, known for his musical schtick on Whose Line is it Anyway?

The Singing Bee is hosted by Joey Fatone, last seen on Dancing with the Stars.

Sound more like a family home game that should stay at home.

Anyhoo, pick your poison.
    The Singing Bee (NBC)
    11.11%
    Don't Forget the Lyrics (FOX)
    55.56%
    I'd rather listen to Milli Vanilli and torture myself to death.
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Random; July 11, 2007, 03:00 PM.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Re: Singing Bee vs. Don't Forget the Lyric

I'd prefer to watch Wayne Brady, his wit will make the show more entertaining. Plus he needs the alimony $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      Sound more like a family home game that should stay at home.
      I agree with that. I'm not watching either one of them.

Comment

Reminds of the time ten years ago that I was on a karaoke demonstartion at the Iolani Family Fair. Our segment was headed by former newscaster Scott Shirai (Iolani '60). Scott taught karaoke at adult education classes.

We did two songs each, but had to know the lyrics "cold" as here was no TV monitor displaying the words. We provided a cassette tape of the songs which were then played back through the sound system.

Way harder than any karaoke bar ..... and in front of strangers!

Comment

Watched 'Don't Forget The Lyrics'. It was a waste of time.

Comment

After watching the two game shows, I prefer the Singing Bee.

Not good to let the contestants try to sing along karaoke-style. Better to let the professionals sing the song and then let the contestants fill the missing words.

Comment

Caught part of DFTL tonight. Dunno if the show will last but I did enjoy the singing of the contestant who was on tonight. He seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Comment

I like Don't Forget the Lyrics, but the show needs to be a full hour long. An hour would at least show us an complete game.
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                  I like Don't Forget the Lyrics, but the show needs to be a full hour long. An hour would at least show us an complete game.
                  No way. Going over 30 minutes is noise pollution. I like to keep what's left of my hearing.

Comment

Our household loves the Singing Bee. It's our "Pop dope".

I really wanna be on that show! I liked the guy who won the 50 grand on Monday night (Girls night)... the MMA cage fighter. When he sang the whole chorus of Love Is A Battlefield... they should have just given him the check right there and then! That was a LONG chorus!!

My sis is staying with me (21 y.o.) and it amazes me how she doesn't know any of the songs except from the 90's - unless they've been remade. I never really notice our 12 year age difference except when the Singing Bee is on. She's always saying, "I've never even heard of that song!"
                    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Local guy, Tino was on the Singing Bee last night.

It was their Halloween show and he was dressed like a cop. I think he said he's from Honolulu.

Braddah could sing & dance - throwing out mad shakas everytime he got the lyrics right. He made it all the way to the final round and won $15,000 and the Singing Bee trophy plus he gets to come back and defend his title in the next episode.

GOOD LUCK, TINO!!!
                      Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                      My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Working...
                      X