"Jericho" on CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Jericho" on CBS

They cancel the series because it failed against American Idol?!?!!!!

*burst out in expletives*
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

UGH!!!! REALLY?? and I missed the last 2 episodes becase I was on the road and no internet access! I will have to try and get them tomorrow night.
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I feel kind of bumed that CBS cancelled Jericho. I wonder if some other cable network might pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          I feel kind of bumed that CBS cancelled Jericho. I wonder if some other cable network might pick it up.
          No. No cable network.

Comment

Maybe a 2 hour TV movie or 4 to 6 hour mini-series to wrap up the events of the series. On CBS of course.
            Last edited by helen; May 16, 2007, 09:24 PM.

Comment

More than likely what we got is all that remains. Usually after a show's cancellation, the sets are torn down, sold; actors and crew released from their contracts. There may be scripts or rough outlines written, but it is unlikely that the show will come back unless they get a word of change from the CBS brass (unlikely).

Any fan of "Invasion" and "Surface" knows this. Single season shows that had good stories but were cancelled after season ending cliffhangers.

Perhaps a movie may be possible, but mostly unlikely. The only instance I know of this happening with a single season show is "Firefly" which spawned the movie "Serenity" a few years after its 13-episode single season.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                Perhaps a movie may be possible, but mostly unlikely. The only instance I know of this happening with a single season show is "Firefly" which spawned the movie "Serenity" a few years after its 13-episode single season.
                Only I was hoping for the Serenity franchise spawn more sequel films.

Comment

I just read on TV Guide.com that CBS is really close to bringing Jericho back for at least 8 more episodes, possibly mid-season.

That's great news if it comes true! If you haven't heard, fans all around the country have been sending CBS cases of nuts in protest. The last I heard they were up to 13 tons of nuts.

I guess something worked.

Comment

I must be one of them diehard fans because I sent not peanuts but macadamia nuts to CBS.

(Still, I secretly hope that Les Moonves has nut allergy.)

Comment

Originally posted by lml View Post
                      I just read on TV Guide.com that CBS is really close to bringing Jericho back for at least 8 more episodes, possibly mid-season.

That's great news if it comes true! If you haven't heard, fans all around the country have been sending CBS cases of nuts in protest. The last I heard they were up to 13 tons of nuts.

I guess something worked.

~ fingers crossed~ I HOPE!!!

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/07/bu...ss&oref=slogin

CBS Reverses Decision to Ax 'Jericho'
                        Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:58 PM EDT
                        The Associated Press
                        By LYNN ELBER

LOS ANGELES (AP) — "Jericho" fans who slammed CBS with protests over the drama's cancellation have won the battle: It will return next season, the network said Wednesday.
                        It was an unusual display of viewer might since networks usually put ratings ahead of even the most passionate, well-organized fan base. But CBS said the show deserved another chance, while cautioning that it must prove it has wider appeal.

"Wow! Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series," CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said in a letter to "Jericho" boosters.

The letter was released to The Associated

Comment

It is quite surprising to me that a network would bring back a cancelled show purely on the power of fan response. But for Jericho, this is a good thing. Hopefully within the 8 episodes they get to finish up the story and not leave us with another cliffhanger... because I think this will be the last stand for the show. There are the dedicated fans, and everyone else. Unfortunately everyone else is watching American Idol. And in the end, networks still pay more attention to the ratings.

I know I'll be watching the show when it comes back next year.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                            It is quite surprising to me that a network would bring back a cancelled show purely on the power of fan response.
                            It has happened before, like with CBS's old TV series Cagney & Lacey.

And not everyone watches FOX's dreck of a show, no offense to Jasmine and Jordan.

Comment

I wonder if the amount of nuts that was sent to CBS a factor in deciding (50,000 pounds or 25 tons according to CNN's web site as of June 7, 2007) to renew Jericho for next season? I am also wondering if some CBS executive is kicking themselves for not having Planters as a sponser for the show?

Comment

Here's the latest according to EW....
                                Jericho will return for midseason
                                CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler announced on a network-hosted fan site for the recently canceled Jericho that the network, responding to fan outcry, will order seven more episodes of the Skeet Ulrich drama, to air in midseason.
                                Source
                                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X