John Cruz's new CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Cruz's new CD

Has anyone bought John Cruz's just-released new CD "One Of These Days" and listened to it yet?
    It was definitely worth the 10-year wait!!!
    The title track is the first song, and is also the comment John always made when folks would ask when the followup to "Acoustic Soul" was ever going to come out. "One of these days."
    Part of the reason for that was the incredible pressure he felt about making his second album, given the extreme popularity and success of "Acoustic Soul." Most of that pressure he put on himself. Understandably.
    Whatever. The new album is GREAT.
    Prediction: more Hoku awards to follow.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: John Cruz's new CD

he opened for Los Lonely Boys last week and he was fantastic.

Comment

As I type, he's singing the title song on Andy Bumatai's show. Love it. Love his shirt even more!

Comment

aloha,

saw john playing in san diego a few months ago - awesome!

i will be buying his new cd shortly.

joel

Comment

Played "Hurricane" on the radio show last weekend; "If That's The Way She Wants It" is another one that caught my ear. When he played here in Seattle a month or so ago, he came in for an interview and gave us advance copies of "Hi`ilawe" and the title cut. Despite the inclusion of "Hi`ilawe," don't be thinking "Hawaiian album" - it's definitely a pop disc, but infused with an Island vibe through and through. Very strong performances, glad he didn't rush something out and instead put his energy into making such a good record.

Comment

i bought it yesterday

Comment

Found this.

John talks story about the inspiration for each of the CD's tracks.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...709210308.html

Comment

Saw him on Lanai and Tenniel's In Tune (I think that's what it's called) last Sunday and I was impressed. "Missing You" is my early favorite.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I was having a lazy Saturday - procrastinating on doing the grocery shopping - finally made it over to the commissary at Pearl Harbor and who should be playing outside the Navy Exchange but John Cruz!

What a suprising treat on a lazy Saturday afternoon!! "Missing You" is DEFINITELY my favorite!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cxK-II8VqA
                  Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                  My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Working...
                  X