Maui's Mystery Music Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui's Mystery Music Man

WOW! if you missed this story on kgmb a few minutes ago, this will make your day!!!!

click and watch the video clip! the guy and his story is awesome!

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/3968/169/

opps. looks like i jumped the gun in my excitement; kgmb's site doesn't give the whole story; it was just a teaser. the full story will, i'm sure, be added to the website in a day or so. i'll post the updated info later.... sorry!
    Last edited by shaveice; February 11, 2008, 09:31 PM.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: Maui's Mystery Music Man

updated link here:
    http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/4044/169/

I don't know how long the link will be good for...

I've seen this kid a couple of times at events here... he's really good..!

I wish him well...!
    sigpic
    "Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man..." - Benjamin Franklin.

Comment

thanks for the link! i emailed kgmb last night and here i am, 7:42 am, reading their response with a link and i was gonna post it and you got it up already! awesome!

yeah, the guy is amazing and his story is equally amazing! i also wish him well and hope he will be very successful.
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

WOW. I'd seen the promos for that news spot, where the singer was hidden, but the voice was awesome. Thanks for sharing the link so we can see who it is.
        Prediction: with his CD coming out in March, expect him to easily win Best New Artist at the Hoku Awards next year.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

if one were to be wowed by his voice alone, that would be something but his story about how he was adopted and how he was adopted into a hawaiian family, how he's fluent in hawaiian, etc is truly touching. i have not read a thread here about 'what is a hawaiian' but he certainly breaks a number of stereotypes.

while watching the news last night, i was not anticipating this story so when it aired, i was floored in the most wonderful way.

i hope he'll stay grounded and have a long and successful career.

(i forgot to add that he'll be on kgmb's Sunrise program next monday for those who wanna see more of this talented guy...)
          Last edited by shaveice; February 12, 2008, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Ryan Kamakakehau Fernandez (aka, Kamaka), absolutely took my breath away when I heard him for the first time last night on the news. Such a feel good story of an Arkansas born, African-American, 6 week old orphan adopted into a local family. I'm already hoping he'll be our next year's Grammy winner.

And, whatta smile. I DVRed the segment last night and just had to watch it again this morning!

Comment

I watched that story and was floored. Absolutely beautiful voice.

Can't wait for his album to come out.

Comment

Working...
              X