title of an old song = ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• title of an old song = ?

this is a long shot because i only have a phrase to the song; it's pretty old. i'd guess it came out in the 50s or the early 60s. the only phrase i remember is, "... out of all the guys in the whole wide world, she fell in love with me..."

it's a fairly slow love song. was on youtube looking up old songs and i remembered that one but just barely.

thanks.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: title of an old song = ?

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
    this is a long shot because i only have a phrase to the song; it's pretty old. i'd guess it came out in the 50s or the early 60s. the only phrase i remember is, "... out of all the guys in the whole wide world, she fell in love with me..."

it's a fairly slow love song. was on youtube looking up old songs and i remembered that one but just barely.

thanks.
    Just My Imagination - The Temptations
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

The Temps' song goes:

"Out of all the fellas in the world, she belongs to you"

"...But it was just my imagination, running away with me..."

out of all the guys in the whole wide world, she fell in love with me
      http://www.lyrics007.com/The%20Tempt...%20Lyrics.html

Each day through my window I watch her as she passes by.
      I say to myself, "You're such a lucky guy."
      To have a girl like her
      is truly a dream come true.
      Out of all of the fellas in the world
      she belongs to you...

But it was just my imagination
      running away with me.
      It was just my imagination
      running away with me...
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

thanks for the help but i'm familiar with the temps song and it isn't it. the song i have in my head is older than that, but thanks very much for the suggestion.
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Maybe you have the words slightly reversed. Could the line have been:

"Out of everyone in this whole wide world,
          I fell in love with you."

If so, it's BIG WIDE WORLD by Teddy Randazzo. It's a 1962 release on Col-Pix.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
            Maybe you have the words slightly reversed. Could the line have been:

"Out of everyone in this whole wide world,
            I fell in love with you."

If so, it's BIG WIDE WORLD by Teddy Randazzo. It's a 1962 release on Col-Pix.
            man, you are awesome! that's the song. sorry, i had the words wrong. i probably haven't thought about or heard that song for some 30 years so that's my excuse but how'd you think of that song?!? again, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
              man, you are awesome! that's the song. sorry, i had the words wrong. i probably haven't thought about or heard that song for some 30 years so that's my excuse but how'd you think of that song?!? again, thanks!
              Teddy Randazzo was one of my favorite singer-songwriters from the old days. He wrote many hit songs for other artists, among them Little Anthony & the Imperials (GOING OUT OF MY HEAD; HURT SO BAD; I'M ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN), Steve Lawrence (PRETTY BLUE EYES), Royalettes (IT'S GONNA TAKE A MIRACLE). He produced and arranged the Beamer Brother's album HONOLULU CITY LIGHTS.

I had the great privilege of meeting Teddy during the late '90s as he appeared in several "oldies" concerts promoted by his friend, "Uncle Tom" Moffat. Teddy passed away in 2002 at age 67.

Teddy was part of the "Brill Building" stable of songwriters during the late '50s along with Neil Sedaka, Carole King, Jerry Lieber, Barry Mann, and Cynthis Weil.

PM me to get a CD of this song.

Comment

incredible! i had no idea! and the honolulu city lights album??? unbelievable!

Comment

Glen Campbell. Such are the dreams of the everyday housewife, who gave up the good life for me...
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X