Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Corsets, castles, a Queen AND Clive Owen... I'm looking forward to this one! Out Friday...
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Elizabeth: The Golden Age

It's highly fictionalized, alas.

But I'd pay to see Cate Blanchett read the phone book.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
      But I'd pay to see Cate Blanchett read the phone book.
      Yes, quite. Plus I'm a big fan of the "period piece." I may actually pay to see this one.
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

I'm reading this book...

Which has been turned into this movie...

It has been highly fictionalized too, although I'm enjoying the book nonetheless, and I look forward to the movie - due out early next year.

Of course, Elizabeth I is the daughter of King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn - too bad the movies didn't come out in the opposite order.

I haven't even seen "Elizabeth" yet but I'm sure Cate will be up for another Oscar in the coming year - she looks AWESOME in the trailer...
        Last edited by kiwidiva; October 10, 2007, 02:40 PM.
        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

"Elizabeth" is definately one of my favorite movies. Incredible film. Cate Blanchett was great in it. p.s. You do realize the picture you put up is of "Elizabeth" and not the version coming out this Friday which is Elizabeth: the Golden Age

I do plan to see the Golden Age. Somethign tells me it wont be as good as "Elizabeth", but I will still see it.
          n'importe

Comment

That other Boleyn girl, Mary, didn't fare well in the Showtime "Tudors."
            Burl Burlingame
            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

My daughters and I are PG fans, which is weird, considering that there's a lot of drrrrrty content (and my girls are teens).

pax

Comment

p.s. You do realize the picture you put up is of "Elizabeth" and not the version coming out this Friday which is Elizabeth: the Golden Age
                You're right - thanks for pointing that out!

I was in a rush when I posted it - I just saw Cate Blanchett & Jeffrey Rush's names and thought that was it. I should have known when it didn't have Clive Owen listed... Oops!

Here are the right ones...

Comment

I picked up a couple of 11 1/2" x 16 1/2" posters of the second type at RR, along with "Feel The Noise" and "Saawariya". They were free for the asking (probably all out by now, tho...).
                  May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                  X