The Bourne Ultimatum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bourne Ultimatum

Snuck out to see a late showing of The Bourne Ultimatum. Still a full house at the theater, and apparently with good reason. This was a fantastic flick. Connected solidly to the first two films (sometimes explicitly, sometimes with subtle touches), but a great story on its own. Cat-and-mouse and flat-out chase scenes that truly get your heart pounding.

It makes the Bourne trilogy, I think, one of the better action/thriller series ever. I winced when I paid $17 for our tickets, but this movie was worth it. Wraps everything up in a satisfying way, but leaves enough of a tease for a fourth. And I'd pay to see that, too.

Matt Damon's really grown up. And, psst, scrivener: Julia Stiles!

Re: The Bourne Ultimatum

Yeah, yeah. I know. But Harry's in line ahead of Julia.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      I winced when I paid $17 for our tickets, but this movie was worth it.

WHOA, is that for one person or is that for 2?
      Anyways the prices here is $11

That is why MATINEES is the waaaay to go now in seeing flicks!
      And yeah I saw Bourne Ultimatum yesterday.....
      Was definately good. A slick thriller and does leave a open opportunity for a part 4 though Damon said no more.

Comment

There was something in the movie that intrigued me but was left ignored. Perhaps someone here who has read the books can enlighten me.

When Jason Bourne and Nicky Parsons were in the diner, he asked her why she was helping him. She said something like "You don't remember anything? Treadstone was really hard for me". Her answer implied -- to me anyway -- that she and Jason had a relationship before Treadstone. Did they?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
          WHOA, is that for one person or is that for 2?
          Anyways the prices here is $11

That is why MATINEES is the waaaay to go now in seeing flicks!
          And yeah I saw Bourne Ultimatum yesterday.....
          Was definately good. A slick thriller and does leave a open opportunity for a part 4 though Damon said no more.
          $5 for me. A local theatre chain sells a $50-card for ten movies. Good anytime except after 6pm on Saturdays. Since regular admission is $9.50, it’s a no-brainer.

Saw Ultimatum on Friday. Notwithstanding Damon’s comment, I can see a Bond-like franchise brewing.

I’m not giving anything away when I say Bourne just can’t be killed.
          Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
            There was something in the movie that intrigued me but was left ignored. Perhaps someone here who has read the books can enlighten me.

When Jason Bourne and Nicky Parsons were in the diner, he asked her why she was helping him. She said something like "You don't remember anything? Treadstone was really hard for me". Her answer implied -- to me anyway -- that she and Jason had a relationship before Treadstone. Did they?
            I saw the film with my family and my mother surmised the exact same thing. I wasn't dialed in to that particular part, so it escaped my attention, but at the end Parson's little smile could have been falling in line with such a scenario besides the obvious context. Also I'm not sure a familiarity with the literary Bourne would be useful as I believe the film series stories are pretty much independent of the books (could be wrong but the synopses appeared very different).
            Last edited by Whitepoint3rchum; August 6, 2007, 05:49 AM.
            "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
            "But I can't even read good."
            "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
            "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

i enjoyed the noon showing today and while i liked it, this movie imho suffered from the same thing as the second movie: camera shake! i know it's intentional but i personally don't like the technique. (i don't know if most people like it but i do know that some others don't like it either: http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question...2225331AAUvMUT ).

anyway, apart from the annoying camera shake technique being used over and over, i liked the movie. i had hoped that stiles's character would say more but that's just my personal preference.

having seen stuck on you recently, it's kinda jarring to think that matt is the same guy in bourne!
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I personally don't like the idea myself in the movie, in regards to the camera shaking like that. I was also thinking that, the actions were too fast for the camera man to follow??? or was it trully intended like that?, like you said - Shave Ice, & if so, Why???

In most of the action movies I have seen, there has not been quite the same way in the shaking.

I wonder why start now (if it was truly intended)?? or is that something new to come within the rest of the movies, now????
                Last edited by Serenity; August 19, 2007, 04:30 PM.
                Aches & Pains
                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                  I personally don't like the idea myself in the movie, in regards to the camera shaking like that. I was also thinking that, the actions were too fast for the camera man to follow??? or was it trully intended like that?, like you said - Shave Ice, & if so, Why???

In most of the action movies I have seen, there has not been quite the same way in the shaking.

I wonder why start now (if it was truly intended)?? or is that something new to come within the rest of the movies, now????
                  hi serenity. oh believe me: there's no doubt that the jerky camera work is not accidental. it's totally intentional and we are not the only ones to notice it. check out these links:

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...NTARY/70816001

http://www.davidbordwell.net/blog/?p=1175
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
                  X