Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I looked up on Amazon since IMDB was no use in reference to the Hawaiian version of "Nothing Compares To U" heard in the ending credits is by the group........ The Coconutz soooooooooo is this a Hawaii based group?
    Their take of Prince's song is kinda up there w/ Sinead's haunting version.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
      I looked up on Amazon since IMDB was no use in reference to the Hawaiian version of "Nothing Compares To U" heard in the ending credits is by the group........ The Coconutz soooooooooo is this a Hawaii based group?
      Their take of Prince's song is kinda up there w/ Sinead's haunting version.
      "More Than Words" was also covered in Hawaiian. Aloha Sex Juice?

I saw several sources online that said Daniel Ho was involved with the Coconutz. I'm assuming it was a collabo of sorts for that movie.

The boy and I finally saw it last night, and I must say...I haven't laughed liked that in a long time.

And regarding DannyWilliams' comment -- when visitors arrive on Oahu, you know better than to assume they're to be taken to Waikiki. And I don't get what's so funny about the movie being set at Turtle Bay. I've always loved Turtle Bay, first when it was still Hilton when I was a kid and then now.

When trying to sell Hawaii, I'd rather have the rest of the world see Turtle Bay instead of the congestion of Waikiki.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Hi All...just thought I'd pop in to give a little info about the Hawaiian Language songs in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall."

Grammy award winning musician/producer Daniel Ho is the vocalist on the Hawaiian Versions of

"Everybody Hurts"
        "More than Words"
        and "Nothing Compares 2 U"

Faith Rivera is the voice behind "These Boots are Made for Walkin."

And Professor Amy Ku'uleialoha Stillman was the Hawaiian lyricist/translator.

All four songs are on the soundtrack.

Aloha!
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X