Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Movie came out this week. Suprised there is NO THREAD yet cuz I wen look awready

Guy is dumped by girlfriend and is distraught. He is talked into taking a vacation and where he goes HAWAII........ According to IMDB the movie was filmed on OAHU...... Sooooooo anyone went to see this?!?

Worth checkin out? How is Island Life potrayed in this movie?
    So far the reviews has been positive.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800039/

Re: Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I wonder how long they filmed here on Oahu, because I worked on it a few times in LA as an extra. Hmmm.
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I haven't seen the movie nor did I work on it. That said, the location backdrop is the Turtle Bay Resort. You can find links here. I've heard the movie is very funny.

Comment

The hubby & I went to see this movie on Saturday. It was funny/entertaining
        and I was not expecting the full frontal male nudity!

I couldn't really tell ya how much of it was really filmed here, as to me (the casual movie viewer) all the "Hawaii" scenes looked to be filmed in Hawaii, but then again, that is their job, right - to make it look like it was Hawaii!
        I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
          The hubby & I went to see this movie on Saturday. It was funny/entertaining [spoiler]...
          Oh, great. I may never watch How I Met Your Mother the same way again.

Unless there is another Robin Sparkle music video (a third).
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The movie is absolutely hilarious - gotta see it with an open mind. Lots of Hawaii stuff - some light-hearted ribbing of "locals," some mispronunciations, but nothing hideous unless you're hard core stickler for "accuracy," whatever that is.

I think the folks who objected to the Ka`iulani script probably would have apoplexy - but it was good fun, not mean-spirited.

Oh, yeah, and as the reviewer on NPR said, it includes "full frontal humiliation."

Comment

I have watched this movie in Sydney just yersterday

It was funny,but otherwise nothing special. I have watched it because I am going to Hawaii soon and I have seen trailers-so I decided to watch just to see Hawaii

It has true local spirit though-I felt like I have been there allready!
              The hotel in the movie called "Turtle Bay resort" which I have found on the web...however there was another place in the movie called "Lazy Joe's"-which looked really cool, but is it real?

Comment

We've been looking forward to taking in this film. I was curious about how Hawaii would be handled, so thanks, Kimo, for the heads up.

I'm consistently impressed with the work of "Apatow & Co.," and find their films maturing each time. And yes, I know I'm talking about a troupe that has a special affinity for shock value and gross-out humor. My favorite review was by the "Filmspotting" podcast, which gave it two thumbs up... and also noted that this film actually included a fairly well-rounded and three-dimensional female character. Now if only they could reverse the "regular and somewhat dumpy guy gets the hot girl" formula, they'd be onto something!

Comment

Went to see it yesterday and hate to say its a 5/10 movie.
                  Could it be the wrong crowd was there along w/ me and 6 other people in the theater?
                  I have enjoyed Superbad, Knocked Up and 40 Year Old Virgin and this film kinda ranks at the bottom of the list.
                  Movie was funny here and there but funny lite.

BTW, Jason does show the family jewels and the begining and sort of towards the end so I will just leave it at that.

We all know that when you arrive on Oahu you normally be taken to WAIKIKI
                  It's Funny that the movies backdrop is THE TURTLE BAY.
                  The plus thing going for FSM is yes the Male Perspective of the main character that gets dumped and must pick up the pieces by moving on is rarely seen in the movies.

IMO Mila Kunis could soooooooo pass off as Hawaiian.

Comment

I usually just lurk here, but just had to chime in! I love Judd Apatow, so I'm really looking forward to it. I've heard mostly good things from the film buffs I know. It also doesn't hurt that Kalani Robb has a small part as a waiter, so I can't wait to see it for that reason too!
                    Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

I saw it today, and was a little disappointed. It was OK, but not hilarious. Won't be on my top (or bottom) ten list this year.

It was a little slow, but picked up after the half-way point. I did enjoy the Hawaii aspects of it.

If I wrote a movie, I wouldn't put myself in it naked! Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post

If I wrote a movie, I wouldn't put myself in it naked! Yikes.

Jason was keeping it real from his personal experience.

Comment

IMO, it was nice to finally see some male nudity in a movie. It can get a little uncomfortable for us girls to be watching movies with our bf's that have gratuitous female nudity. Especially when those females are botoxed, lipoed, and boob jobbed into oblivion; and it's (nudity) done simply to sell more movie tickets. Jason was extra cool for 'keeping it real'!
                          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Did anybody notice the Hawaiian music?

I think Iz has a tune, and maybe Brittany or Raiatea, but I know Martin Pahinui and band w/Bobby Ingano on steel guitar, has a song - Ka' Ano 'I, in the flick.

Local out!
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

The soundtrack has a few pop songs sung in Hawaiian. These Boots Are Made For Walking, Nothing Compares 2 U, and a few others, I think.....all sung in Hawaiian.

A friend from Australia sent me those two particular songs, and I though it was hialrious...especially the "boots" song.

DD
                              www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Working...
                              X