Maori model picked for Wonder Woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maori model picked for Wonder Woman

It has been announced that Maori/Australian supermodel Megan Gale has been cast in the role of Wonder Woman for the upcoming Justice League movie.

She certainly looks the part!

Full story at: http://www.spasifikmag.com/latestupd...an08megangale/
    Last edited by admin; January 14, 2008, 01:39 PM. Reason: Removed images. Please don't hotlink to sites you don't own.
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Maori model picked for Wonder Woman

holy mackerel! where have i been??? she's hot!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Hahaha... I hadn't even heard of her until this... she's done 2 movies before - 1 in Italy all in Italian (she's a supermodel there!) and I guess she was in Stealth but I don't remember her from that! It turns out she beat Jessica Biel for the role of Wonder Woman - Biel was in Stealth as well.

Megan Gale is from Australia and has a very HARSH Aussie accent (to me) so hopefully she can put on a good (convincing) American accent when she plays Diana Prince.
      Last edited by admin; January 15, 2008, 04:12 AM. Reason: Removed images again. Do not hotlink other sites' photos.
      My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

There's plenty of Aussie actors in Hollywood that can give her lessons on getting the accent right - Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, Toni Collette, Miranda Richardson, Naomi Watts, Isla Fisher, Rachel Griffiths, Eric Bana, Hugh Jackman, Heath Ledger, Russell Crowe, Julian MacMahon etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
          holy mackerel! where have i been??? she's hot!
          shaveice melts and gets all gooey!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
            shaveice melts and gets all gooey!
            ha! ha! you got me, i gatta admit!

i think i posted my personal preference somewhere in these threads but for me, there's nothing like a woman who looks athletic and doesn't wear much make up or any make up; the total pinnacle of female beauty/hotness for me is a female surfer! shesh! i need a cold shower! ha! ha!
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Can we expect a protest from the Amazons sometime soon over the casting of a Maori actress in an Amazonian part?
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
                Megan Gale is from Australia and has a very HARSH Aussie accent (to me) so hopefully she can put on a good (convincing) American accent when she plays Diana Prince.
                Umm, don't want to scare you all of my geek-fu knowledge of comic books, but she also has to learn Greek if she is to portray an Amazonian princess.

I guess she could pull of as a Greek Amazon.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  Can we expect a protest from the Amazons sometime soon over the casting of a Maori actress in an Amazonian part?
                  Nah, just the Greek acting commmunity.

Comment

This must be in reference to the "controversy" over Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson playing the lead role in King Kamehameha: Battle for Paradise.

Megan sure looks the part, and gorgeous at that. Lynda Carter will be proud.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                      the total pinnacle of female beauty/hotness for me is a female surfer!
                      Attached Files
                      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        This must be in reference to the "controversy" over Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson playing the lead role in King Kamehameha: Battle for Paradise.
                        Not specifically that. Whenever a role of a specific under-represented ethnicity goes to someone who's not of that ethnicity, there's some furor. Zhang Ziyi and Gong Li in Memoirs of a Geisha, to offer another example.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
                          There's plenty of Aussie actors in Hollywood that can give her lessons on getting the accent right - Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, Toni Collette, Miranda Richardson, Naomi Watts, Isla Fisher, Rachel Griffiths, Eric Bana, Hugh Jackman, Heath Ledger, Russell Crowe, Julian MacMahon etc. etc.
                          Maybe not Russell. I thought his "accent" nearly ruined "310 to Yuma"" for me. Luckily the whole thing stunk so it matters little.
                          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

thanks for the pic, nords. here's my reply!

http://images.q121.com/Storage/55000...fer%20girl.jpg

http://www.prosurfingwallpapers.com/...uck%20Dive.jpg

http://boardfling.com/wp-content/ima...nderwater1.png

dang! time for another cold shower!

Comment

Not specifically that. Whenever a role of a specific under-represented ethnicity goes to someone who's not of that ethnicity, there's some furor. Zhang Ziyi and Gong Li in Memoirs of a Geisha, to offer another example.
                              Don't forget, the controversial casting of Jennifer Lopez (a Puerto Rican) to the title role of a Tejano music star, Selena.

Also in the more recent time, a Korean actor Byung-hun Lee have been casted as Snake-Eye's rival, Storm Shadow, for the upcoming(?) GI JOE film.
                              Last edited by Random; January 15, 2008, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X