Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry Quick

Ice has a new flavor
    "Strawberry Quick" resembles Pop Rocks, a popular candy among children. It is pink, smells like strawberry and tastes like it. But it is actually crystal methamphetamine -- only easier to ingest and just as deadly -- and has been popping up all over the country, including California and Nevada, in recent months.
    What will they think of next? No wonder the war on drugs is a tough battle.

FULL ARTICLE
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Strawberry Quick

Good thing we're about to test teachers. That'll make a difference; I just know it!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

wow, just wow. And I don't mean that in a good "wow" kinda way.

The war on drugs is a whole another story, imo, but it is appalling that there is meth, and then a way to gear it to be more "market friendly", especially towards kids.

Pushers need to be shot on sight.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

BoingBoing featured this a few days ago, and some are skeptical that dealers are actually pushing this drug to children:

There's no evidence meth is flavored to appeal to children, and there's no masking the taste.

On the contrary, there's an established tradition of drug dealers coloring and styling their wares, as a brief look at http://www.ecstasydata.org/ will make evident. The purpose of this is to create a reputation for a certain "brand" of drug, allowing a dealer to promote his product over the other guys.

Comment

Working...
        X