Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flossing after Brushing

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/mens...alth-every-day
    I was doing it wrong by flossing before brushing.

Re: Flossing after Brushing

The southern hemisphere is anticipating spring as the northern hemisphere
    laments the passing of summer.

Down in Rio the beaches start to come alive with mere bits of

'Floss'

Comment

The main reason for flossing is to remove plaque. How can someone expect to be able to remove the small-particle plaque if their teeth are coated and jammed with bigger chunks of food debris? My common sense says to brush away the large pieces before tackling the small stuff.

No offense to the OP.

Some of us brush well, floss well, then do another quick brush to make sure the maximum particles are dislodged and rinsed away. A few minutes a day can save hours and hours in the dental chair.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        How can someone expect to be able to remove the small-particle plaque if their teeth are coated and jammed with bigger chunks of food debris? My common sense says to brush away the large pieces before tackling the small stuff.
        Wisdom that rides (in a fashion) alongside:

"First cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

"If you don't put the big rocks in first, you'll never get them in at all."

Comment

I brush, then use a water pic (high pressure water sprayer for teeth).
          My dentist recommends a sonic toothbrush to facilitate plaque removal; I use the water pic to prevent gingivitis infections as well as plaque removal.

It's like a high pressure water sprayer used on your patio or driveway - it gets the stuff that brushes can't.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
          X