Ask a Bishop Museum Scientist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a Bishop Museum Scientist

Bishop Museum has recently started up a Flickr group called Ask a Bishop Museum Scientist to help people identify plants and animals in Hawaiʻi. Post a photo of your mystery plant or animal, and an honest-to-god Bishop Museum scientist will take a look and tell you what it is. Cool!

Re: Ask a Bishop Museum Scientist

Hey, that is cool! I hadn't even heard about this project.
    Thanks.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

yup, my friend has gotten a few answers about bugs found in his backyard...
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Too bad Horice Clay isn't here to help out. He could identify ANY plant by looking at it's leaves and tell you it's name in three languages. He was a Horticulturist at the Bishop Muesum back in the 80's.

I found out that his good friend John Rosette owns Rosette's nursery here in Hawaiian Paradise Parks subdivision in Keaau. We both knew Clay as I used to produce his radio show on KGU back in the mid 80's (Green and Growing).

That guy was amazing.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Don't know if I got it right, but I know there's a link to my Flickr photos of the beetle hanging out on my lanai. So I asked what it is?
          Attached Files
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

If you haven't been to the museum in a while, you really should go. I was up there yesterday to get a tour from some insiders, and it's spectacular, even without Hawaiian Hall's renovation being completed.

The picture gallery is gorgeous and full of glorious paintings, the atrium has wonderful views, and we didn't even get to the new Science building.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
            X