This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Court rules against Kamehameha Schools admission policy

I don't usually give a rat's ass about Phil and the Blanks, but I did like their one hit. It had a good beat, and you can dance to it.

Comment

• Re: Kamehameha racist??

Look, if a native wants a good white collar job then he or she needs to rise to the challenge, Get educated, and become a profesional. I bet more then 90 percent of the natives working those hotel and restaurant jobs don't even have any college under thier belt, yet you think they diserve a white collar job. What makes you so special that you deserve something for nothing??? I got news for you; everyone in hawaii (hawaiian or not), that has a good job had to work for it; they earned it! You talk about natives having to leave the island to get good jobs, as if thats such a tragety! Yeah right, be for real O.K, people all over the world have to leave there home lands to find good positions, thats just the way it is. I'm so sick of you trying to blame you're problems and short comings on other people, "The whit man is holding us back," i don't think so; you are your own worst enemy!

Comment

Originally posted by bklynbren
        Look, if a native wants a good white collar job then he or she needs to rise to the challenge, Get educated, and become a profesional. I bet more then 90 percent of the natives working those hotel and restaurant jobs don't even have any college under thier belt, yet you think they diserve a white collar job.
        You just argued against your own premise in the case of Kamehameha Schools.

Miulang
        Last edited by helen; August 8, 2005, 08:38 PM. Reason: fixing the quote tags
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I was wrong. He's not a drive-by troll after all.

Comment

The KITV poll is running 2 to 1 against the decision of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. If the kid wants to enroll in KSBE next month, he'll have to appeal to a Hawaii judge. For anyone who cares, here's the full text of the opinion. Try to stay awake as you read it so you can get all the nuances.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

No, i did not. Hawaiians don't need to segrigate their schools to get an education. The bottom line is: you need to study, EDUCATE YOURSELF, get cirtifiacations, be a go getter, increase your potential to earn, and become somesone that a company wants to hire. If you don't want to do these things, then Mcdonalds will allways be there for you! you mean to tell me that an underqualified person should be hired over me just because he or she is hawaiian?? All my hard work shouldn't mean anything because old palupu skidmarked his way to a G.E.D, and just because his momma shitted him out on this rock, that makes him more entitled to the job, I DON'T THINK SO!!! That whole hawaiian prefernce thing is redicules, and anyone with a little pride in themselves wouldn't need such a crutch.

Comment

yer crossin the line. hope ya leave. soon.

Comment

No, I think I'll stick around. thank you.

Comment

Haha! Struck a nerve! I sure hope you think more critically than you can spell. Talk about stereotypes...eesh. I'm sure all the Hawaiian students at KSBE can think and spell much better than you and will also go on to college and do far better than you in every way.

Miulang

Comment

Yeah, well unfortunately, you don't know what i have done, and how sucssesful i am, so its pretty naive of you to make such assumptiona; if those students have what it takes then i wish them the best of luck, and hope they do succseed, but i still don't like segrigation in the schools, IN EVERY WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by bklynbren
                        i still don't like segrigation in the schools, IN EVERY WAY!

aaah, yes. dogmatic myopia. such a wunnerful sight...
                        doncha luvit when some force their religion and personal belief on others?

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                          Hawaiian students at KSBE can think and spell much better than you and will also go on to college and do far better than you in every way.

Miulang
                          You would never know by the pidgin I heard spoken on campus today. Besides, you know they'll be standing with hands over heart and singing the National Anthem at the next game against Saint Louis at Aloha Stadium.

Go Saints!

Comment

Originally posted by Heykaylah Manupiway
                            they'll be standing with hands over heart and singing the National Anthem at the next game
                            not aaaannnnyyyymmmmoooorrrre!

Comment

I'll be there, I'll send you a photo!

Comment

Its not just a belief, that's just how it is. I'm glad you see such a wonderful sight, because its not so wonderful from this view, acually its pretty pathetic, catch my drift??

Comment

Working...
                                X