Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When driving, where do you put your items that you purchased?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When driving, where do you put your items that you purchased?

Simple question: where do you put your items that you purchased?

- passenger seat/floor
    - back seat/floor
    - trunk/rear hatch/truck bed
    - other (please state in post)
    passenger seat/floor
    0.00%
    back seat/floor
    7.14%
    trunk/rear hatch/truck bed
    35.71%
    other (please state in post)
    57.14%
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: When driving, where do you put your items that you purchased?

Adrian...it depends on what you're buying. If it's perishable groceries, it's in the passenger compartment. Non-perishables go anywhere it'll fit. If it's a pallet of dirt, it goes in the bed of the truck.

Kinda hard to group all purchases as one selection in a poll.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

If I am alone I strap my milk into the seat belt in the passenger seat like a baby!

I once stored donuts in the back on my hubby's pickup truck and the freeway had donuts for breakfast!
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I have a jeep with a hardtop. I took out the back seats.

My mom put her groceries in the back and ran off to hang out with her friends so i drove myself home before the meat spoils.

Everything flew around back there, haha. My jeep spelt pretty bad after that i did everything from burning candles and incense to using those gel things.

My next project will be to install baskets to hold everything together in.

Comment

I always hi-jack empty cardboard boxes from Costco and/or Sam's Club to hold the items. Ocean Spray boxes which hold four one-gallon bottles work well.

They're usually placed in the trunk, unless it's a real light load.

Comment

well, when i go to walmart, i take everything out of its package, thaaaarow everything into the car and leave the rubbish in the cart.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

wherever

(Yes, that's my final answer mr. "it's too short".)

Comment

It depends. If I'm just running to a store for something then I will generally have my shadow (7yr old lab/chow mix) with me in the back seat so then I'll put things on the front seat floor. If I'm going to several stores, I put things in the trunk and leave the dog home.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                  well, when i go to walmart, i take everything out of its package, thaaaarow everything into the car and leave the rubbish in the cart.
                  LOL!!!!!!

From now on, I'm doing that too! I'm also gonna' leave the rubbish and junk in my trunk in the Walmart cart.

For major shopping runs, I put the multitude of bags or boxed/cased goods in the trunk. If it's just a "one bagger", I put it on the front or back seat, depending who's with me. If it's heavy liquids like milk or juice, it goes on the back seat floor.

If it's food, it stays on my lap. I figure, if folks can talk on their cellphone while they drive, I can damned well eat french fries while I drive.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

All groceries go into one of two large cooler bags that live in the trunk of the car. Cold items in one, regular stuff in the other. That way I usually only need to make a single trip into the house. I also use the cooler bag/s to transport dry goods to save trips between car and house. If I know I'll be purchasing perishable items during the day, I'll throw a couple of the gel ice packs into the cooler bag for added cooling.

Comment

You guys are just baiting Adrian with your confessions of loading the carts at Wal-Mart with the excess packaging; I hope he gets the joke! But now that Wal-Mart has found religion and is going green, there shouldn't be much for you boys to leave in the cart.

For me, it depends on where I'm shopping. If I'm familiar with the area, I load up the back of the van, and that's where we have our collapsible cooler. But if I'm not familiar, I pop it in a side door to get it done quickly. If I wanna snack on something I just bought, I put it in the front with me.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

You really want to make Adrian's day, take your cart and park it at the farthest corner of the parking lot
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I eat them.
                          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bed of my truck.

LOL I can't believe I responded to this thread. Adrian you rock!

Comment

Either my Backpack, Seat compartment, or between my legs.
                              Not much storage capacity on a moped. HaHa!
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X