Looking for a new car smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new car smell

Today was my first time going through the drive thru of a fast food restaurant - and now my car smells like french fries. Since I bought my car, it has that new car smell, but now its gone!

What/how do you get rid of smells from the interior of your car?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Looking for a new car smell

febreeze.... its wonderful!
    Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

I left a bag of garbage in our trunk for a couple of weeks. Yeah, we hardly use it. Was wondering where that smell was coming from till we had to open the trunk to stash something. Yowch!!!! Dang! Even Febreeze and bleach couldn't get it out. That was just over 7 years ago and it still comes out especially when it's hot and humid. I'll take the smell of french fries anyday.

Comment

Scotchguard.

Or just buy another new car
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Baking soda. And there is a 'new-car-smell' spray. There's also a 'bread-baking-in-the-oven' spray for realtors.
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
            Today was my first time going through the drive thru of a fast food restaurant - and now my car smells like french fries. Since I bought my car, it has that new car smell, but now its gone!

What/how do you get rid of smells from the interior of your car?
            Leave all the windows open. And hope that a big ol' tomcat doesn't decide to stop in.

Comment

That "new car smell" is from chemicals in your car's interior leaching into the air. The sooner it dissipates, the healthier you'll be. (Oh, and you can also stop eating in the car...that would keep it from smelling like food! )

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X