Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda claims top place in reliability survey

Source

Mazda was rated number one with a failure rate of just 8.04 per cent of all vehicles aged between three and nine years old. At the opposite extreme, famous 4x4 brands Land Rover and Jeep scored 44.21 and 46.35 per cent failure rates to fill the last two places in the survey.
    Hopefully my car will reflect this notion.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Mazda claims top place in reliability survey

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    Source

Hopefully my car will reflect this notion.
    Since the Mazda 3 replaced the Protege in 2004, the jury is still out for >3 years, but because it was assembled in Hofu, Japan (outside Hiroshima), it probably will do better than American-assembled Mazda's.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      Since the Mazda 3 replaced the Protege in 2004, the jury is still out for >3 years, but because it was assembled in Hofu, Japan (outside Hiroshima), it probably will do better than American-assembled Mazda's.

Miulang
      Are there any Mazda's assembled in the US? I don't recall any.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
        Are there any Mazda's assembled in the US? I don't recall any.
        Tributes (the Mazda SUVs), Altimas and Mazda6's are all built in the US at Ford plants (Ford owns a part of Mazda). The Tributes have the same components as the Ford Escape.

I know when I had my Ford Probe, the only reason I bought it (besides the nice body style) was because it had a Mazda engine, which never gave me any problems.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Don't forget about the Mazda Ranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
            Tributes (the Mazda SUVs), Altimas and Mazda6's are all built in the US at Ford plants (Ford owns a part of Mazda). The Tributes have the same components as the Ford Escape.

I know when I had my Ford Probe, the only reason I bought it (besides the nice body style) was because it had a Mazda engine, which never gave me any problems.

Miulang
            Ahh that's right, the Tribute and Mazda 6. Altimas are Nissan though.

Side note, Ford Probe was supposed to be the new Mustang but Mustang fans derided the new "Mustang" being front wheel drive and powered by a Japanese motor so Ford extended the lifespan of the then current Mustang till they could design another one. This "Mustang" became the Probe.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
              Ahh that's right, the Tribute and Mazda 6. Altimas are Nissan though.

Side note, Ford Probe was supposed to be the new Mustang but Mustang fans derided the new "Mustang" being front wheel drive and powered by a Japanese motor so Ford extended the lifespan of the then current Mustang till they could design another one. This "Mustang" became the Probe.
              It was actually a wonderful little car, really handled like a sports car and I had no probs at all with the engine (5-speed). Traded it in at 50k miles for a Pathfinder (the car I had before the Probe was a Mazda 626, which also had a great engine). I'm glad the Probe was a front wheel drive car because it really handled well in the snow too.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                Don't forget about the Mazda Ranger.
                I think you mean either the Ford Ranger, or Mazda B-series

Comment

I think you mean either the Ford Ranger, or Mazda B-series
                  I could've said Ford B-series.

I was making a joke -- combining the two since they're the same thing. I was responding to Miulang's post mentioning other Mazda/Ford vehicles built in the US.

It would be as if I referred to Miulang's old car as a Ford 626 or a Mazda Probe. Same car, different body. Or if I called your car a Mazda Focus or Ford 3.
                  Last edited by zff; February 1, 2007, 09:52 PM.

Comment

During the respective runs during the 1990s, both the FORD PROBE and the MAZDA MX-6 were built in the US side-by-side in the same plant. The MX-6, which was earlier the 2-door coupe version of the 626, was the sedan version (it had a trunk), while the PROBE was the hatchback.

Although only owning 33-1/3% of Mazda stock, Ford was able to control the board of directors via cumulative voting and, consequently, the company.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                      Or if I called your car a Mazda Focus or Ford 3.
                      EURO-FOCUS, not US-focus!

The Mazda3 is too good looking to be called a US-focus

Comment

EURO-FOCUS, not US-focus!

The Mazda3 is too good looking to be called a US-focus
                        Or how bout Volvo S40? They all share the same chassis platform.

Comment

Bought a Mazda Protege brand-new in 1990, after three months of research, test-drives, etc. - enjoyed it tremendously for about four more months before giving it up in a divorce settlement.

To the best of my knowledge, the ex still has it and is satisfied with it. If so, it was with her longer than I was.

Comment

Working...
                          X