X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: www.dontflygo.com SHUT DOWN

Originally posted by Quyp View Post
    How long has it been down?
    The last time I checked that site was sometime last weekend (and it was operational).

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: www.dontflygo.com SHUT DOWN

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      The last time I checked that site was sometime last weekend (and it was operational).

Miulang
      Actually, I was on their site yesterday and it was still running so this occurred today.

Comment

Re: Hawaii's Interisland Air War - Chapter 2

A Web site started by employees of Aloha Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines and Island Air opposing the presence of go! airlines in Hawaii has removed all of its anti-go! content.

It is unclear exactly why the Web site, www.dontflygo.com, made the change. An e-mail query sent by PBN to the Web site was answered with this note: "We have removed the content from the site to re-evaluate it for copyright and legal issues. We will have a press release shortly regarding our upcoming activities."
        http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif...ml?jst=b_ln_hl

Comment

I haven't yet flown on GO!, but I just booked a round-trip to Hilo in November on Aloha @$39 each way. Sure beats $79 each way I paid last December for FIVE of us!

Comment

More from PBN about dontflygo.com. Now it's being sold. My money's on Ornstein buying it through a front person.
            http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s...3/daily70.html

Comment

Originally posted by Quyp View Post
              More from PBN about dontflygo.com. Now it's being sold. My money's on Ornstein buying it through a front person.
              http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s...3/daily70.html
              Since it appears that HERO has no intention of disappearing (they're still looking for donations and people to add to their mailing list), they might be selling the URL for the cash and will probably pop up somewhere else under another name.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

DONTFLYGO.COM Back on line

WWW.DONTFLYGO.COM is BACK online!

FREE T SHIRTS

DONT FORGET RALLY TODAY at the STATE CAPITOL, we meet by the flagpole.
                FREE T-SHIRTS for the first 100 people to show up! 3PM TODAY!

Help us petition the State Attorney General to investigate Mesa and their crimes.

ALL ARE WELCOME / TODAY 3PM...

SUPPORT FAIR COMPETITION IN HAWAII'S SKIES COALITION
                GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

www.dontflygo.com is baaack!

YOU TUBE
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZvYtRa2qeA

KHNL NEWS 8
                  http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=5653932

Paparazzi Photo taken of
                  Jonathan Ornstein showing his support

Plane Buzz (Holly Hegemans Blog)
                  http://www.planebuzz.com/2006/11/and..._is_rough.html

Also check this weeks "Honolulu Weekly" (page 4) on newsstands now.
                  GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Even Mesa pilots are huhu at Ornstein and his management. On Sunday, ALPA pilots flying for Mesa issued a "lack of confidence" statement against management.

The pilots said Mesa management had "passed off" such problems as "broken aircraft, crew shortages, dirty cabins, delayed and cancelled flights" as stemming from rapid growth.

"As Mesa expanded over the past three years, our management passed off our operational problems -- broken aircraft, crew shortages, dirty cabins, delayed and cancelled flights -- as the 'price of rapid growth,'" said James Ackerman, chairman of ALPA's Mesa unit. "Our operational problems still persist and, in fact, have worsened."

Ackerman said the union surveyed its Mesa members and found 90 percent had lost confidence in their management. The news release did not name names and it did not single out any specific aspect of Mesa's operations.
                    Doesn't say much if Mesa's employees also see problems with their company.

Miulang

Comment

go! chief receives offensive T-shirt
                      Rival airline workers pen profanities and an anti-Semitic slur
                      Mesa Air Group Chief Executive Jonathan Ornstein -- whose new interisland airline go! sparked a fare war, triggered lawsuits and inspired several anti-go! Web sites -- received a T-shirt on Monday containing an anti-Semitic slur, profane remarks and hate messages from members of a Hawaii airline employees' committee that calls itself H.E.R.O, or Hawaii's airline Employees Repelling Ornstein...

After [H.E.R.O. spokesman Randall] Cummings and [Aloha Airlines pilot Mike] Uslan were contacted about the shirt, H.E.R.O. put out a news release in which it said the group does not condone vulgarity or other hostile comments. H.E.R.O. also apologized in the news release to Ornstein for the offensive statements on the shirt, but did not say what was written.
                      Classy! Seems whenever I'm about ready to sour on go!, its opponents give me reason to give them another shot. Looks like the anti-go! forces' worst enemies may be themselves.

Comment

"You heard of Go",
                        " Yea i heard of Go,"
                        "so where you like Go?",
                        "where ever you like Go, I like GO",
                        " ok shoot we GO!!"

*bored*

KaYa T.
                        sigpic

Comment

Quoting Starbulletin

H.E.R.O. spokesman Randall Cummings, an Aloha Airlines interisland pilot, said the T-shirt wasn't officially endorsed by H.E.R.O., and was an on-the-spot action undertaken by some of the group's members at the rally.

But then....

Cummings said he wasn't aware of the anti-Semitic remark and didn't read the whole shirt before it was sent out. Cummings signed the T-shirt but said he wrote "nothing vulgar."

If H.E.R.O. didn't officially endorse the T-shirt, why was the spokesman signing it? Isn't that endorsing it? Doesn't a spokesman of an organization represent the organization? Those guys just need to stop before things backfire for the local carriers.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                            Quoting Starbulletin

H.E.R.O. spokesman Randall Cummings, an Aloha Airlines interisland pilot, said the T-shirt wasn't officially endorsed by H.E.R.O., and was an on-the-spot action undertaken by some of the group's members at the rally.

But then....

Cummings said he wasn't aware of the anti-Semitic remark and didn't read the whole shirt before it was sent out. Cummings signed the T-shirt but said he wrote "nothing vulgar."

If H.E.R.O. didn't officially endorse the T-shirt, why was the spokesman signing it? Isn't that endorsing it? Doesn't a spokesman of an organization represent the organization? Those guys just need to stop before things backfire for the local carriers.

Looks like it already did. According to PBN's article today, customers are already not flying Aloha because of shirt-gate. I liked that Cummings called the guy who wrote the Jewish comment a dumbass. But from the pics in PBN and the Star Bulletin, I count six other dumbasses...including Cummings for putting his name on something he didn't even look at. Way to self destruct HERO! How do you make a martyr out of Ornstein?

Comment

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...052317869.html

Looks like the interisland market will shrink even more. And I guess you can sort of consider this as Southwest entering the Hawaii market since they now own 27.5% of ATA.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                                http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...052317869.html

Looks like the interisland market will shrink even more. And I guess you can sort of consider this as Southwest entering the Hawaii market since they now own 27.5% of ATA.
                                Yeah, I really think HNL is going to lose way more passenger traffic with all the direct flights. That's great for the traveller, bad for Oahu. No sense spending billions of dollars to turn HNL into a "world class" airport if most tourists skip going through there in the first place. The only people who might grumble about the current ambiance of HNL might be the Japanese tourists, who are arriving in even lower numbers than in the past.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X