Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limbaugh to buy Rams!?

www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9B5UCJB1.htm
    Just when you thought it could get no worse for (especially LA) Ram fans, comes this disgusting news. Please let it be some cruel hoax or contrived ratings boost attempt. I'd rather the team fold and completely disappear leaving no traces of it's 60+ year existence!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Limbaugh to buy Rams!?!

Why? Because he's conservative, or because he might not know much about football? There are a lot of conservative professional sports-team owners. And how much football did Georgia Frontiere know?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: Limbaugh to buy Rams!?

He's not conservative, he's just a blowhard media prostitute that doesn't care a lick about America's well being or the destruction and the coresponding deaths/mayhem he's produced.
      I don't want to hear anything about the team I grew up with connected to him for a single day let alone years. He's got the putrid touch.
      And don't get me started on Georgia... Rush should trade places with her.

Comment

All righty then.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          All righty then.
          Wow that blew the flame right out.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

It was clear that a discussion about the issue isn't what was wanted. I got into it because I thought it was. Then I realized my error.
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It was clear that a discussion about the issue isn't what was wanted. I got into it because I thought it was. Then I realized my error.
              I think we need a thread just for Rants and Raves just like on Craigslist.

Comment

It wasn't me that brought up the political aspect.

I'm happy to have a discussion about it, but I posted it in part because it just makes a long standing bad situation infinitely worse, at least for me. Talk about dumping salt into the wound...

I pay little attention to the NFL these day's, but would prefer to have the worst to already have happened to the Rams. I don't see Rush's involement being of any benefit, unless he had the team's name changed and sold the rights so that LA could reclaim it with a new team.

Comment

uh, they have a record this season (so far) of 0-4. and their last game was a spanking which in which they couldn't even score a field goal! If I was a fan of this team - I think I'd feel the worst is happening right now.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    I don't see Rush's involement being of any benefit, unless he had the team's name changed and sold the rights so that LA could reclaim it with a new team.
                    I disagree. In fact, I think Rush's involvement could only make things better for the Rams. First, if he's willing to open up his wallet and pay for good talent, including good football people to run and manage his team, you could have the best facilities north of Irving, TX. Limbaugh is loaded, and if he spends a fair amount of time on his radio program talking about his team, he could really drum up some hype, which equates to interest, which equates to revenue, for his team.

The worst thing that could happen is a Georgia Frontiere type of situation, where the benefactor gets too involved. Rush does know his sports, but he needs to put real football people in place, the way Miami did with Bill Parcells. Imagine getting a guy like that to run the team: maybe Bill Cowher or Tony Dungy or Jon Gruden or Mike Holmgren. Cowher probably still wants to coach, but I'll bet Gruden, Holmgren, or Dungy could be lured into the front office in a Parcells-like role.

I have never been a fan of the Rams, but in the St. Louis era of the team's history, I've been fond of them. I'd like to see what a breath of fresh air like Limbaugh could provide.
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Obviously we couldn't be farther apart in our opinions on this, so, alrighty then!

Your scenario is by far the rosiest possible. But there are millions, or two, who share my view and would see them finally cast the sinking ship adrift to whatever may happen.
                      In your dream, the best that could be for the team is if Rush was the sugar daddy that forked over the dough re mi without any input, ever.
                      That won't happen. His involvement would spell doom.

Comment

But there are millions that love Rush too. Just because you hate him that doesn't mean everybody does too.

Comment

True, but most Rush lovers aren't football fans. We know what they're fans of...

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            I think we need a thread just for Rants and Raves just like on Craigslist.
                            Certain folks have the power to convert any thread into one of those. We're just a passionate bunch here at HT, no?
                            ...a breath of fresh air like Limbaugh...
                            Now there's a turn of phrase I doubt you'll ever find me using, no matter the context.

Comment

Where will Rush Limbaugh get his painkillers?

Comment

Working...
                              X