UH recruiting - '09/'10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH recruiting - '09/'10

So far, the Warrior football recruiting this year has been excellant, with a lot of highly qualified candidates commiting to UH and many look to be able to fill in needed areas quickly and contribute significantly.
    I dare to say we've done better than if JJ had remained.
    We still lost some great local prospects, but coach Mack's efforts to step up our securement of home-bred talents and frequent forays into the 48s and poly islands has been paying off. If we keep on this upward scale, we should be competing well with the Broncos of the league, and garner even more respect and serious looks from mainland players, and press the goal of keeping our own here to play for UH.
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; December 16, 2008, 10:01 AM.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: UH recruiting - '09/'10

That's why it's important to sellout the Hawaii Bowl and show these prospects our fan support for the UH Warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      That's why it's important to sellout the Hawaii Bowl and show these prospects our fan support for the UH Warriors.
      Can someone share some history on the Hawaii Bowl? Why was it created? It seems like a tolken recognition for an average season.

I recall the old days how hard Hawaii had to fight just for the Holiday Bowl. That meant something.

IMO, it seems like......ok....the season was ok.....we didn't get invited to other bowls......oh...so there is the Hawaii Bowl in Hawaii. So we get a Bowl too.

Is Hawaii Bowl more of a $$$$ thing, in your opinion? Like another home game, that don't count.

Comment

Pretty much about the $.
        With our record this year, we don't deserve a bowl and neither does Notre Dame, but here we are, just like a lot of other mediocre teams that will play post season. Kind of a joke, but Hawaii should have a college bowl game, as it's a great venue to vacation and game in. But it should be more meaningful to the entire country.

I'll take it because it gives us another chance at a National audience and improved recruiting stature, if we win..., and since we lost to Cinci, we can hopefully end the season with a smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          But it should be more meaningful to the entire country.
          Screw the country.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

If you think you can, and have such a desire, go for it!
            Film it, sell it, I'll buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
              Can someone share some history on the Hawaii Bowl? Why was it created? It seems like a tolken recognition for an average season.
              I think the Hawaii Bowl was created after UH had a 9 wins season and no bowl to play. The Aloha Bowl changed its name and moved to Seattle or northern California. I don't know if that bowl still exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                I think the Hawaii Bowl was created after UH had a 9 wins season and no bowl to play. The Aloha Bowl changed its name and moved to Seattle or northern California. I don't know if that bowl still exists.
                Now things are coming back. I recall the Aloha Bowl. Most people don't care because it got "nothing" to do with the UH team. So why bother. If UH will be in the Hawaii Bowl, I'll at least buy tickets, or watch on tv.

I see how it water down the meaning of a Bowl game.

Comment

Working...
                X