UH Warriors vs. Washington St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Warriors vs. Washington St.

Hawai‘i flexes its muscles against a bottom-feeder PAC-10 team in the Cougars. The two Gregs — Alexander and Salas, and Michael Washington shine as the Warriors continue a contentious battle late in the second half. Will they pull it off for the post-season berth? UH over Washington St. 24-10 in the 4th quarter.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: UH Warriors vs. Washington St.

UH clinched the Hawaii Bowl bid with their solid 24-10 win, but there are still complaints by unhappy UH "fans." In particular, those who picked UH and gave the 28-1/2 points. My only advice to them: DON'T GAMBLE, especially if you can't afford to lose.

Comment

I almost bought the game on PPV last night, but they wanted $60 for it!
      Sixty bucks to watch us play a loser team with a 2-10 record? I don't think so. Heck, they oughta pay me $60 to have to sit through three hours of Jim Leahy.
      And before anyone starts whining about some of us deserting the Warriors, let me say that I'm still a big fan and would've paid $30 to watch, as I imagine many others would have. Maybe some day they'll figure out that by lowering the price they'd attract plenty more viewers and so would come out ahead financially. They oughta try it once or twice.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

$60 is flat out stupidity

Great, we made the season goal of a bowl game, but even tho the Warriors were pumped and aware, coming out strong, lapses of intensity and focus as in last night's game will need to be addressed, or the next two games will not be pretty.
        Plus, 5 sacks against Alexander and lot's of pressure from WSt.'s front bodes ugly for UH in the next two weeks when this game should have been in the bag early. Instead it was up for grabs into the 4th qtr. against a weak but fiesty team.
        But lot's of positives as well, like a winning season that started off and continued very shaky, saving our National face and keeping young prospects interested in us, the emergance of Alexander towards being a fine prospect for having a great next year, and a good recruiting class to build upon.
        And no major serious injuries, so far.
        We done pretty dang good. Now to finish it off with in style.

Congrats to Coach Mack!

GO BOWS!
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Great Job Warriors, We get to see our team play at home. Poor thing yeah June Jones team. Oh well, we going watch our team play on our turf.
          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

For a number of away games, I've gone to a local watering hole and enjoyed the game with other like-minded UH fans. With the liquid refeshments (non-alcoholic) and pupus, the tab is way less than $50, more like $20, and I have a fun time.

Comment

Working...
            X