Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UH Warriors vs. NM State

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
    I harbored no delusions about our road games against Florida, Oregon State, Boise, and Fresno. The Fresno win was a pleasant surprise off-setting the home loss to San Jose. Getting trounced by Utah State was disappointing.
    “Disappointing” I’m sorry, but for most of us, including die-hard UH fans, Utah State was pretty shocking! Let’s not forget San Jose State. I am happy that the Warriors seem to have found their stride, and made honest men out of those professing Hawai‘i’s “Run-and-shoot” offense. But on-balance, the reality is, UH has lost more games then the “expected” losses to Florida, Boise State and Oregon State. Sure, many will agree that there have been some terrible calls by the officials — some which took points off the board — along the way. But let’s be fair, and admit that Greg McMackin has also made some blunders with the playcalling that have been quite consequential.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Re: UH Warriors vs. NM State

McMackin's playcall blunders;

Very few, especially major ones, and considering he's working with a revolving door of mediocre/evolving QB's and players at positions they weren't originally penciled in at, they have done quite well overall. Remove the 2 shocking losses and throw in losses at Fresno and Cincy, and we're right on schedual, as many media-ites picked the Bows going the season with 5 losses. Hopefully we will not stumble against the rest of the doormats and win in Cincinnati, which will be a toughie. 7&6 would be a bummer but acceptable, and next year, 9&4 should be the minimum.
      Recruiting is a new stress point now, and coach has been uping that aspect much better than Jones did, so things should be on a rise.
      Last edited by Ron Whitfield; November 12, 2008, 01:16 PM.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
      X