Senior Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Bowl

i don't know if any of you watched today's senior bowl but it was definitely not a good day for colt.

he was 2-of-6 for 29 yards with an interception

a bad showing at the sugar bowl, great anticipation for today's senior bowl just to have it all fall apart. sigh....

i hope he'll be able to prove himself in the pros someday...
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: senior bowl

The highlight reel for Colt is here. It wasn't good. The announcer was totally ripping on Colt saying that he doesn't think he'll get drafted after this performance. Yikes.

Comment

I believe the analyst’s exact words were, Brennan “will struggle to get drafted late.” Prior to the game, he projected Colt as a 4th round pick. So, you can infer he is saying Colt’s agent will still be selling the UH quarterback’s strong points as late as the 5th or 6th round.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

of course...the NFL no longer wants system quarterbacks who flourish only in spread offenses
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I love CB's attitude. That young man will go far in this world. In whatever manner he defines success, I believe he will always look back upon his time in the isles with deep appreciation and affection. There will always be fans here who will root for him!

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
            of course...the NFL no longer wants system quarterbacks who flourish only in spread offenses
            Remind me why this supposedly "elite" NFL don't want system QB and spread offense?
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              Remind me why this supposedly "elite" NFL don't want system QB and spread offense?
              I knew you'd respond . Look at QB's with a spread offense background in the NFL :

Alex Smith
              Rex Grossman
              Vince Young
              Steve McNair
              Danny Wuerffel

They all had tremendous college careers, and were involved in Heisman talk--or won the award itself--at some point. But, they also went to NFL teams that ran offenses completely different from what they were accustomed to in college (Alex Smith into West Coast Offense; Rex Grossman into ball control; Vince Young is an exception as Norm Chow brought a spread to Tennessee, but he has struggled; McNair into ball control; Wuerffel got into a spread with the Redskins, and we know how that turned out).

Basically, the spread offense's philosophy is game control. Mediocre QB's are protected in this sytem, and lets a team get away with also using average WRs. In this system, a QB tends to run to bail the offense out during blitzes and good coverage. Owners don't like this, because they're protecting their investments in their players.

Shoot, while I'm at it, I'm firing shots. I wouldn't draft Colt Brennan higher than the 5th round.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                I knew you'd respond . Look at QB's with a spread offense background in the NFL :

Alex Smith
                Rex Grossman
                Vince Young
                Steve McNair
                Danny Wuerffel

They all had tremendous college careers, and were involved in Heisman talk--or won the award itself--at some point. But, they also went to NFL teams that ran offenses completely different from what they were accustomed to in college (Alex Smith into West Coast Offense; Rex Grossman into ball control; Vince Young is an exception as Norm Chow brought a spread to Tennessee, but he has struggled; McNair into ball control; Wuerffel got into a spread with the Redskins, and we know how that turned out).

Basically, the spread offense's philosophy is game control. Mediocre QB's are protected in this sytem, and lets a team get away with also using average WRs. In this system, a QB tends to run to bail the offense out during blitzes and good coverage. Owners don't like this, because they're protecting their investments in their players.

Shoot, while I'm at it, I'm firing shots. I wouldn't draft Colt Brennan higher than the 5th round.
                I must be nostradamus or sumpn'

flickr

Comment

Working...
                X