AlohaWorld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlohaWorld

Has anyone heard of Alohaworld on the net? I pop'd in for awhile, but had to leave. The stuff I read is somewhat silly and the pictures of people on that board really scares me. Recipes are great though!

Re: AlohaWorld

Originally posted by PoipuChick View Post
    Has anyone heard of Alohaworld on the net? I pop'd in for awhile, but had to leave. The stuff I read is somewhat silly and the pictures of people on that board really scares me. Recipes are great though!
    HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah! I know plenty of the spooky people you talking about!

Too funny!!!

Dey scare me too. But it's all good cause I scare dem moa! We're all friends!

The Recipes are great so the people are GREAT!

Auntie Lynn

btw: How you look like?heheheh
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Recipes are great though!
      I agree great recipes
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

I saw the sight a couple weeks ago. Tried contact them about advertising but they have not gotten back to me yet
        808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
        kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
        http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

The stuff I read is somewhat silly and the pictures of people on that board really scares me.
          That's an amusing reaction. I've been there from time to time and those folks strike me as downright MELLOW compared to this place.
          Which is an odd assessment, as there appears to be more CONUS folks there than Island ones - conventional wisdom would suggest that HT should be more "laid back." So much for CW (and I don't mean you, Mr. Watanabe. )

Comment

I love it over there. They have been kind to me from day one. I consider them my Ohana.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              there appears to be more CONUS folks there than Island ones
              Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
              I consider them my Ohana.
              I should have included other folks around the world, not just CONUS - apologies to Susie, who is a major contributor.
              Also, the majority of them appear to be former Island residents who use the forum as a way to stay connected to the home they miss (which could explain the plethora of great recipes.)

Comment

What's CONUS?

Comment

What's CONUS?
                  Continental US or the "upper" 48. Mainland.

Comment

Like Leo said. Mostly expats who dearly miss island living. They keep it alive through food and, as you may have noticed, lots of pidgin.
                    Don't know what you mean by "silly" though. Their forum, again like Leo said, is much more mellow. I've never seen any of the bickering I've seen here, on occasion. They keep things light and fun o'dea.

Btw, despite some of the.....lively exchange of differences, HT is still one of the best, fun forums I've been involved with.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                      49, actually, as "continental" includes Alaska. It's a shorthand way of saying "every state but Hawai`i," since some Island folks take offense at the word "Mainland." Has military origins.
                      Btw, despite some of the.....lively exchange of differences, HT is still one of the best, fun forums I've been involved with.
                      I'm absolutely in agreement with you there, DRE.

Comment

Try not to be too judgemental...it can be really hard to live away from Hawaii and feel so damned alone where nobody even knows what the Spirit of Aloha is, much less how to live it.

I am a fish out of water over here in the land of the enemy...a round peg in a square hole. The Ohana Lanai has opened up a window on a world that I thought was lost to me.

It's true that a lot of us over there are ex-pats, and lean on each other in times of Alohaless. Sometimes it must feel like maybe there's private jokes and stuff that someone just lurking doesn't understand. But that happens here, too....and I can tell you from experience that it's easier to be 'accepted' there than here....at least at first. (some of you must remember my first bungling attempts to fit in here)

But I can pretty much promise you that if you show up, that they'll be kind to you....and if you still live in Hawaii, you'll be asked for all kinds of news from the islands, too. And if you stick around and get to know them, you might even enjoy yourself, too.

One other thing....it's not a good idea to poop in the nest. Many of the posters here go to the Lanai, too...and visa-versa. You don't really want to get yourself a reputation for being a snob, do you?

Comment

Wouldn't that be the "upper 49"?
                          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

The people who haunt Ohanalanai do, indeed, tend to be more mellow. But then again, as Susie said, it's because we expats are kinda outnumbered on CONUS and it's our little way of preserving what we remember of our lives in Hawai'i.

We can no longer take for granted all that you who live in Hawai'i can just go out your front door and see. Call us sentimental, call us old fashioned, we are just saddened that the Hawai'i we grew up in is only left in our memories. Everytime we visit, we see less and less of what we believed Hawai'i stands for.

It's true that the two things that hold the people who go to Alohaworld together are the conversations about FOOD and pidgin. And food and pidgin rarely cause heated debates!

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

(some of you must remember my first bungling attempts to fit in here)
                              Pfah - forget trying to "fit in," Susie; I like it better when you are just being true to who you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X