Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with your carts after you're done shopping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you do with your carts after you're done shopping?

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    I hate it when people call CARTS Wagons. There is a difference.
    Does anybody Know why so many locals call carts "wagons"?
    same here bruddah. Atleast 30 times a day, I get a "here, take my wagon".

I always thought a wagon was something you pull.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
      I always thought a wagon was something you pull.
      "Mess-with-your-head" thought for the day (and you thought DST was confusing):

Is there actually no such thing as "pull" - only a "push" from the opposite direction?

Think about when you grab a door handle to pull the door open; you are really pushing the handle towards you from the opposite side of the handle.

Ah, but what about gravitational attraction? Isn't that "pull?" (Or is it just the new pseudo-science of "Intelligent Falling?")

Okay - take it from here (and if any thread was ripe for going off-topic...)

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
        Oh, well that explains it. You be from Hilo. Hilo people talk funn.......have a quaint way of saying things. Ice shave instead of shave ice, "Ai, oh yeah no?", wagon instead of cart, and so on.

Sorry, my ex was from Hilo. When I first met here at UH, it took me awhile to understand what she and her friends were saying.

Talk "funny?" Is it ICE CREAM or CREAM ICE, ICE CUBE or CUBE ICE, ICE BLOCK or BLOCK ICE, ICE CHIP or CHIP ICE?

Actually, both ICE SHAVE and SHAVE ICE are grammatically incorrect. They should be ICE SHAVINGS and SHAVED ICE. Bu, either beats SNOW CONES or SNOW PEAKS.

There are many other terms which separate the different islands.

Comment

Working here at TARGET I have heard guests refer to our carts/shopping carts
          as BUGGY

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
            Working here at TARGET I have heard guests refer to our carts/shopping carts
            as BUGGY
            Hahaha! You call your customers 'guests'! That's one up from 'clients'. Hahaha....Hello, please come in. Welcome to my house, take all you like, but don't forget to pay for it.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
              Hahaha! You call your customers 'guests'! That's one up from 'clients'. Hahaha....Hello, please come in. Welcome to my house, take all you like, but don't forget to pay for it.

and whats wrong with that?
              Feels silly but saying becomes apart of your dialogue when saying while on duty. Besides I can go into a laundry list of TARGET Lingo sayings we say but I would be steering off course with this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                and whats wrong with that?
                Feels silly but saying becomes apart of your dialogue when saying while on duty. Besides I can go into a laundry list of TARGET Lingo sayings we say but I would be steering off course with this thread.

Nothing's wrong....I just think it's really funny!

I miss being at home.

(hey, Danny...your Mom's name isn't Setta, by any chance, is it?)
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                X