X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 6

worth a mention:

I saw a guy I knew, a relative, and sat right next to him, which was between him and two ladies (it was a long bench) and we chatted up a storm. The lady started to spray her perfume, and apologized to me, because she got some on me (no biggie)....but she blasted me *again*.

This was another example of wahine warfare. I started to sneeze up a storm, I smelled like sickly-sweet shit and got out of there quickly. Later on, I found out that she hit on that relative.

Ingenious b*tch.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiidreaming
      people that moan alot
      I actually like moaners.... But whiners irk me!

Comment

People who sign up for a listserv and then have an auto response so that every message sent to the list generates a rote message from that person too.

Comment

People who don't know how to drive on the freeway. Or they drive so slow in the fast lane they should use the slow lane. People who don't know where the heck they are going.
          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Rude people.

I was at Little Siam (I think that's the name of it) at Ala Moana Makai Mkt. today buying fountain drinks. I'm standing at one of two registers (the one on the left) waiting for change. The cashier at the register on the right called out to help the next customer in line, who happened to be to my left. She PUSHED HER TRAY INTO MY HIP and looked at me sternly.
            I just looked at her, I'm sure with a look of mortification, disbelief, and hopefully, condescension -- as I'm still a customer and I'm waiting to complete my transaction. Harrumph!
            Irritated, I said, "I'll be out of your way in a moment." When I got my change, I moved further to the right and waited for our drinks. She could easily have picked up her tray and walked around me, to get to the other register, but instead chose to be a, a ... not nice person.
            I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

More on what irks me at Costco ... where I also went today.

I was trying to get through the area in the Iwilei store just beyond the end of the freezer/refrigerator cases -- where there are usually pallets of fruit or other produce stacked up.

Naturally, lots of people are also trying to traverse the area.

Evidently oblivious that there was anyone else shopping at Costco, someone left a cart -- diagonally -- in the center of the aisle while surveying said fruit/produce. There was room between her and her cart for people to get through, but not enough for carts. That left space for say, a cart-and-a-half, but not two carts, on the other side of her shopping cart -- so folks had to contraflow to get past Her Inconsiderateness' cart.

I'd been in the store long enough, (read, almost bordering on homicidal), that I wasn't having a bit of it. I said out loud, "WHO LEAVES THEIR SHOPPING CART IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE?!!?!!!" and indignantly pulled my cart through, accidentally banging hers in the process, (to what I'm sure was the horror and embarrassment of the 13-year-old twin son who'd been pushing my cart).

For a split-second I felt bad that I banged her cart, because that might have sent it bumping into somebody else's -- but I certainly didn't feel bad that I'd delivered my message loud and clear.

Please folks when you go to Costco, DON'T check your brains or consideration for others at the door!!! (I know, it's a message wasted on genteel and thoughtful HTers ... maybe Costco should put up signs.)

You know, like the word "Idiots" in a red circle with a slash through it.

(Hey, a girl can dream.)
              Last edited by Erika Engle; September 16, 2006, 02:42 PM. Reason: Better phrasing

Comment

And everyone around you was thinking... Wow... look that's Erika on the brink of homicide...someone youtube this!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                  What pisses me off more than anything is seeing teenagers having children.
                  It's not just MWH. It's all over our State.
                  Auntie Lynn
                  Auntie, I've been thinking about this in the days since you posted it. You are so right!

There was a girl I knew in high school, same age as me, who was going with a guy who had dropped out (in our freshman year, he would have been a junior or senior, I THINK). She got knocked up and came to school for our sophomore year big and pregnant. (Our rural school didn't have separate "accommodations" for girls in a family way, as many do now).

That was child No. 1 with this guy. Right after high school came child No. 2, then child No. 3 ... they were not married up to that point and she said she would never marry him because in her words, "HE IS A LOSER."

EXCUSE ME???!!! Who's the LOSER?

I certainly hope she has gone on to improve her life and her circumstances.

Comment

People who Honk...and I don't mean honk...I mean HHhooooonnnnkkkk at me for sitting at a light for 3 seconds instead of 1! I mean c'mon it's literally 3 seconds! Not 30 or 1 minute but 3 seconds....
                    Which BTW had the sun blaring on it so I could not see.
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                      More on what irks me at Costco ... where I also went today.

You know, like the word "Idiots" in a red circle with a slash through it.
                      I think you should be required to have a license to push a cart at costco. Anytime theres a food sampling booth people will just group around it not leaving enough room to get by. Its just samples, people!
                      Then theres those people who dont watch where theyre going and their cart clips your cart or your heel. grrrrr
                      And then theres the exit line. Theres enough room for 2 lines of carts but you get some goober in the middle of both lines holding up traffic. And thoes guys dont check, they just make a dash with their marker. They once forgot to put into my cart an expensive dvd video set and I had to go back and get it.
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I can't hold it in any longer. Is it just me, or are idiots using Nextel service? I know I've been ranting about Nextel on my blog lately, but this is baloney. In the past two days I've been working, I had a couple of people come into the store and aske me how to do an alert on a Nextel phone. I politely tell them we only do mobi phones here, but they ask me to help them. I eventually tell them to call Nextel's CS, and they leave. One of them even referred to us as "the phone people". Why can't I have someone with Tmobile, Cingular, or even Verizion or Sprint to come by and ask for help... oh wait... BECAUSE THEY CAN READ!

(and if someone with Nextel, please tell me how to do an alert, so that I learn something.)
                        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

What "pisses me off" is...

This lady & her son drives in so early this around 5:45 am, I think she was delivering news paper, so as she was on my floor, & her son was inside the vehicle, playing the damn radio sooo Friggen loud!!.

I would think that her son would have the common decency to lower it down in an 8 - 10 apartment complex, evidently not !!. Maybe she didn't teach her son the rule of respect for playing loud music when people are still sleeping at 5:45 am on a sunday morning!!.

So, I went down to her car while while her son was playing music, & I said "don't you realize what time it is?!?! & people are still sleeping at this time!!." all he could say was "oh~sorry." & he turned his muisc in the car way down!!. What an idiot!!.

He looked like he was 10 or some where abouts that age.

Figures, huh?!.

GAWD!!.
                          Aches & Pains
                          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

It pisses me off that when my son rides his tractor to the playground... I can't leave it unguarded without having other kids trying to get on it and ride it away.

Can't there parents watch them more closely?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                              It pisses me off that when my son rides his tractor to the playground... I can't leave it unguarded without having other kids trying to get on it and ride it away.

Can't there parents watch them more closely?
                              You could sell tickets. Introduce your son to the joys of entrepreneurship.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                                You could sell tickets. Introduce your son to the joys of entrepreneurship.
                                Yeah and the kids are gonna pay for the tickets with snot balls, gala gala's, boogies, and uku's.

Comment

Working...
                                X