This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 6

It pisses me off when a parent doesn't keep a watchful eye on their young child at a playground! Then the child slips and hurts himself and the parent blames that 2 year old!

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
      What pisses me off the most the most is....

My neighbor downstairs, they like to BBQ, & we talked to the labndlord about it, for her to talk to hem to not BBQ dowstairs, which the smokes rises, & comes in to our window!!. Yet they still continue to do so!!.
      I have to admit I am also guilty of doing this, though hardly on a regular basis. Never got any complaints, though I also live in a 2-story apartment with other buildings in close proximity.

Like Aunty Lynn stated earlier, I’m certain these kinds of rule need to be in the owner-tenant agreement, or else there’s nothing legal you can do about it. I make sure I put out the fire as soon as I’m done cooking.

If there was a way to get around this, I would surely do it. Maybe they can go on the roof? Sometimes you just want that barbecue taste, and you shouldn’t be forced from your home just because of that.

I would suggest better communication. Maybe barbecue-ing can be a social event for everyone in the complex and coordinated accordingly. That way, everyone can participate and have a yummy family outing!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
        When you flash your blinkers that you want to go into the left lane, you check your mirrors and see that everything is clear and the car on that lane is far behind that it's safe to actually do it. Right when your about to do it that same car steps on his gas to surpass you before you can merge, but by that time you almost collide into him. Had that happen. PISS me OFF!
        That's the one for me too....Chances are very good that the person doing that is from Los Angeles, as that is very typical of an LA driver.
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
          That's the one for me too....Chances are very good that the person doing that is from Los Angeles, as that is very typical of an LA driver.
          I noticed this too, when I was in L.A. It’s amazing how mean-spirited they can be in that city! Anyone know where I can buy those “Slow down, this aint the mainland” bumper stickers?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
            I noticed this too, when I was in L.A. It’s amazing how mean-spirited they can be in that city! Anyone know where I can buy those “Slow down, this aint the mainland” bumper stickers?
            or for neighbor islands...

Slow down this aint Oahu

Comment

Indecision makes us nervous. Drive like you mean it and you'll be fine. Where can I get those "Learn to drive, this ain't Hawaii" bumper stickers?
              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Here's another one that pisses me off!!.....

Other people make you feel that you are stupid or something,
                or like you were just born yesterday !!.

That guy was pretty darn lucky that I walked out of his shop before I had a chance to tell him off!!.
                (yeah, I know that you probably just got half the story there. I'm just too pissed to get into it at the moment. )

Good Night!.

I got class to go to for college & its my first day (on Tuesday morning).

Aloha.

night all.

12:26 AM Aug 22, 2006 Tuesday.
                Aches & Pains
                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Those are from Maui Built. But I can't find a web link...

Comment

Using ALL CAPS or ALL BOLD is BAD FOR MY EYES!

Please read E-mail Etiqutte
                    http://www.writerswrite.com/journal/dec99/pirillo1.htm

And

General Netiquette
                    http://www.onysd.wednet.edu/internet_etiquette.html

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                      Using ALL CAPS or ALL BOLD is BAD FOR MY EYES!
                      Etiquette And Netiquette
                      Etiquette... Shnetiquette

Checking out the info on the link (Thanks BTW)...
                      It says using all bold or CAPS for anything more than emphasizing a single word here or there, may look cool to the writer (it does), but most other users will think that he/she is an idiot! (Say it isn't so!).

So... I've decided then to just use italicized lettering instead. HaHa!
                      (Jus' stay choke li'dat)
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                        Etiquette... Shnetiquette

Checking out the info on the link (Thanks BTW)...
                        It says using all bold or CAPS for anything more than emphasizing a single word here or there, may look cool to the writer (it does), but most other users will think that he/she is an idiot! (Say it isn't so!).

So... I've decided then to just use italicized lettering instead. HaHa!
                        (Jus' stay choke li'dat)
                        Mahalo Menehune Man!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

It looks like its not so bad now but all those panhandlers at intersections piss me off. Most of them look like they can work - and I keep reading about how so many businesses are shorthanded. I wont give a begger money, I would give food or maybe I'll start buying some mcdonalds gift certificates to give away, but these guys need to get a job. Cop friends say theres nothing they can do about it, and I've heard that panhandlers actually make alot of money. I know I've seen that big husky haole guy shopping in Waianae for food (and without the limp)
                          You know, if youre going to beg at intersections, at least look all disheveled and be missing a leg or something. Bring your daughter or someones daughter and at least make an effort. Otherwise, get a job! I work too hard for too little money to share with someone who looks like he can physically get a job.
                          [/rant]
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

hellbent, I'm glad you posted this.

K-den in my area which is the Liliha/Vineyard/Dillingham Intersections.

There are three Panhandlers who frequents the same places.

1. Liliha and Vineyard - Fat guy wearing the same soiled blue t-shirt usually carrying a cardboard saying "I'm Hungry".

He is a Drug Addict and frequents Chinatown. He makes ukapila money to support his habit for years.

2. Dillingham fronting Jack-In-the Box - Elderly Oriental Middle-Aged Man. Looks Insane and goes up to cars asking for spare change to eat. Don't be fooled. He ain't no dummy! He's a Gambler who frequents the Chinese Cultural Plaza Gambling Area. He's been doing for years too.

3. On King Street fronting the Bus Stop in front on KFC. Tall Middle Age Man - White. Alcoholic. Unshaven and filthy. Goes up to cars as well and begs for spare change to eat. Don't give. He uses money to purchase Liquor.

Do not give anyone CASH!!!! Once you give Cash they will seek you out time and time again.

Auntie Lynn
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; August 25, 2006, 03:39 AM.

Comment

I'm just glad you didnt bash me for posting it. I know you work with the homeless.
                              After my wedding, we had so much food I thougth about giving it away to homeless and thought about the lunch wagon thing you help with, but it was a Sunday night and all the aunties and uncles managed to take home some plates. (ziplocs actually)

What about that big husky haole guy with the cap? I used to see him in Waianae, Kapolei, and Pali.

What happened with that lady that EMS didnt want to help out, is she ok?

Alcoholics dont live forever. I had a friend who supposedly tested at genius IQ, but got so into drugs and alcohol and was so unable to handle the bad luck times that he eventually died of liver failure.
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent
                                I'm just glad you didnt bash me for posting it. I know you work with the homeless.

What about that big husky haole guy with the cap? I used to see him in Waianae, Kapolei, and Pali.

What happened with that lady that EMS didnt want to help out, is she ok?

Alcoholics dont live forever. I had a friend who supposedly tested at genius IQ, but got so into drugs and alcohol and was so unable to handle the bad luck times that he eventually died of liver failure.
                                First of all. Congratulations on your Wedding to you and your Bride!

Yes, I am a Homeless Advocate. It is my passion in Life. I was once Homeless along with my children by choice when my husband died. There are various catagories of Homeless People. Nevertheless, all are Homeless. I choose to assist in helping those are not able to afford the high cost of living at no fault of their own. I choose to help those who have disabilities and lack of education in understanding where and how to seek assistance. Those that choose to live on the streets and do illegal drugs as well as partake in other illegal activities or drink themselves to death is not of my concern.

"What about that big husky haole guy with the cap? I used to see him in Waianae, Kapolei, and Pali."heheheh Das the guy who frequents Vineyard on somedays. I guess he's got a regular schedule now!

As for the woman with the EMS problem. Last I heard she was admitted. I haven't seen her since at the Kaukau Wagon. I didn't follow-up on her yet cause I've been ill myself. However, I haven't forgotten her. I will do as I promised.

Alcoholics. I know about Alcoholics. I am one. I used to dring 7days a week. Mr. Crown Royal was my best friend. Today, I can't stand the smell. I don't have the urge nor the taste for my old friend. I must be getting old. Nah, My makule body just can't take the beatings any longer. I will always be an Addict. A Recovering Addict.

Hellbnent, The Homeless Problem is getting bigger each day. Whatever each of us can do to help those in need is appreciated by them. Many of us are just a paycheck away.

Every week, I see New faces in line. Elderly, Middle aged, Young, Race does not matter, gender does not matter, etc. Our Homeless Problem in Hawai'i is escalating to a point where it will hit a number that will be to big to handle. Our Politicians must act now to find relief and bring some kind of solution instead of going around the Merry-go-Round!

TTYL

Auntie Lynn
                                Last edited by 1stwahine; August 25, 2006, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X