This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 6

If my memory is correct, Serenity's mom lives in Las Vegas.
    http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=2350

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; July 19, 2006, 11:16 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

lol...sorry that so made me laugh...a jewish temple in vegas..i have to ask my daughter where in heck it is.

Comment

I hate. I repeat. I hate when I recieve telephone calls for my 81 year-old mother from companies who insist I give the phone to her.

I tell them nicely she can't hear that I am her legal representative. Still they insist to speak to her. I have to go through the whole song and dance. Then they get their nerve to be nasty. My blood pressure rises, my voice rises and well....xfjdofwrjfjjcja!!!!!

I've come up with a new way of getting out of the whole shabang.

"My 81 yr. old mother is unable to answer the phone. I am disabled and have Mental Illness too. Goodbye!"

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          If my memory is correct, Serenity's mom lives in Las Vegas.
          Ah, well. Nevada and Vegas are also 'at will' jurisdictions, so most of what was hashed out above still stands.

As for your peeve... Why do they want to speak to her so badly? Is it related to actual accounts or contracts they have with her? (In which case their insistence is more understandable, albeit still annoying.) Or is it mostly brainless telemarketers? Ah well. Especially if the latter, just hanging up is better than a blood pressure bump!

My phone peeve? People who call and say, right off, "Who's this?" Hey, you're interrupting me, you identify yourself first, buddy. Hell, if you don't know who you're calling, don't call! The nerve!

Sadly, it is oftentimes family that is most guilty of this. Sorry, I'm dense, I can't identify people after hearing only half a second of their voice!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            As for your peeve... Why do they want to speak to her so badly? Is it related to actual accounts or contracts they have with her? (In which case their insistence is more understandable, albeit still annoying.) Or is it mostly brainless telemarketers? Ah well. Especially if the latter, just hanging up is better than a blood pressure bump!

Sadly, it is oftentimes family that is most guilty of this. Sorry, I'm dense, I can't identify people after hearing only half a second of their voice!
            heheheheheh Telemarketers. Da nerve, yeah?! And family members who get mixed up with our voices. Dey can not disguinish whose MAMA and whose me!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

My phone peeve? People who call and say, right off, "Who's this?" Hey, you're interrupting me, you identify yourself first, buddy. Hell, if you don't know who you're calling, don't call! The nerve!
              That happens all the time here at work. Sadly, since it's work I can't go off on them... I have to be all nice...

Comment

When someone calls me and says that, I say, "Um...I give up who is this" and promptly hang up.

One day a telemarketer called me and I told him I'm not interested and he hung up on me. Not less than a minute later I get the same call but this time I say, "yeah sure tell me more" then I toss the phone on the bed and walk away to go use the bathroom. I make sure they can hear me talking to someone else as if ignoring them (actually I am).

Another day my wife got a call from a long distance phone telemarketer. My wife said, "I'm sorry I don't have a phone" then hung up after about five seconds of silence on the other end.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Heck! I'll hand the phone off to my son if a telemarketer calls... He likes to give gibberish too!

Comment

Here's one for those with last names that may be a challenge for some people to pronounce:

We used to get calls where the telemarketer wanted to speak to the Alpha Female, but would mangle her last name (it's a Japanese name, so to the untrained, it's easy to mangle) when asking "could I speak with Miz ... (mangled name here)?"

I felt no remorse in responding: "I'm sorry, but there's no one here by THAT name" as I hung up.

Comment

MAMA when smell SMOKE. I neva believe her. I kept saying no moa FIRE! I went outside. I smell SMOKE! Aiyah!!!! I see Security running upstairs to my neighbor's apartment on the second floor. She comes back out. I yell at her, "What's going on?" She tells me, "Dey wen burn rubbish in their apartment."

Ohhhhhh...I like crack somebody's face. Whack Whacks!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

LOL, Auntie! But you know what, if they stupid enough fo' do dat, da whack-whacks not goin' help.

I'm just hoping you and Mama are okay!
                        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          MAMA when smell SMOKE. I neva believe her.
                          why?
                          does mama have a habit of declaring a symptom of a potentially dangerous condition or situation and then saying to you;

"nah nah naaah! jezz joking, Lynn!"

Comment

• Re: One less thing to get pissed about ...

I Googled and found several links for the National Do Not Call Registry. I'm only going to post two.

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

That appears to be the registration page itself.

At this link, there's a bit more info, explaining you can register land-line home phones AND cell phone numbers:

http://www.ftc.gov/donotcall/

I registered my home number awhile ago ... and my cell has never received such a call (and I rarely have it on, anyway, so it's not become an issue).

I believe you will find that any nonprofit org., with which you have previously done business, e.g., Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Habilitat, etc., still has the right to call you to seek donations.
                            I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                              LOL, Auntie! But you know what, if they stupid enough fo' do dat, da whack-whacks not goin' help.

I'm just hoping you and Mama are okay!
                              MAMA and I are fine and secured in Kapolei.heheheh
                              We're at my daughter's Baby Shower. Get plenty guests and ukapila food. I'm on da computa. LOL

btw: Get plenty Lumpias and California Rolls!

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
                                What would you propose? You could move.

I don't have concern for other people's health. Not my job. Should I caution my neighbors about their high fat diet as well?
                                I guess this depends on who’s holding the ace card.

If you’re the owner smoking, who’s a renter to tell you whether you can smoke in your place? If you’re a renter, the owner can say, “I’m asking you voluntarily not to allow your secondhand smoke to leech into my and other renters’ apartment. I may be forced to add that to the rental agreement, the next time your lease is up, in order to preserve the quality of life of my tenants.”

Then what? You quit smoking or you get kicked out. Plain and simple.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X