Where can I get a PO box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a PO box?

The last time I checked, the UPS store had a service where you can have a PO box at their location, plus sign for your package if one arrives for you at their store.

I'll be doing business with someone in Canada within the next few weeks, and no one will be home to receive packages so I'm thinking of getting a PO box for a while.

1) Can anyone give any tips to which service to go with?
    2) Since this will last less than 2 weeks, can anyone lend me their PO box? All I'll be receiving will be a couple of processors and a video card for a school project.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Where can I get a PO box?

Originally posted by doc1456
    The last time I checked, the UPS store had a service where you can have a PO box at their location, plus sign for your package if one arrives for you at their store.

I'll be doing business with someone in Canada within the next few weeks, and no one will be home to receive packages so I'm thinking of getting a PO box for a while.

1) Can anyone give any tips to which service to go with?
    2) Since this will last less than 2 weeks, can anyone lend me their PO box? All I'll be receiving will be a couple of processors and a video card for a school project.
    Why don't you call UPS/Mailbox Etc? I don't think there are any locations very close to Waipahu though. And I think you probably have to rent one for more than two weeks. You don't want to raise the suspicions of the Feds by just renting a mailbox for a short period of time!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

So somebody in Canada is sending you a package. And no one will be home to receive the delivery. So... why are you worried that you need a PO box?

If you're not home when they try to deliver your package, then they will leave a note for you telling you that your package can be picked up at the post office (or the UPS office, or the FedEx office, or whatever).

Then you go there, show them your note, and pick up your package.

Am I missing something here? Or have you never in your life received packages in the mail?

Comment

There's a UPS store in Kapolei but, yah, I agree with Glen. Just pick the package up at the post office after a failed delivery attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          So somebody in Canada is sending you a package. And no one will be home to receive the delivery. So... why are you worried that you need a PO box?

If you're not home when they try to deliver your package, then they will leave a note for you telling you that your package can be picked up at the post office (or the UPS office, or the FedEx office, or whatever).

Then you go there, show them your note, and pick up your package.

Am I missing something here? Or have you never in your life received packages in the mail?

Sometimes the delivery person will simply leave the box on your doorstep and not leave a pick up note. One year I ordered a cellphone over the internet and when I came home, there was the box sitting right on my front porch step with the name "Verizon" labeled all over it, in clear view from the street (18th Avenue in Kaimuki).

And when I was renting in Manoa for a short time, this Japanese National young man comes up to my door and asks me if FedEx delivered a big box to this address. I tell him no. He's insistant that FedEx delivered it to this house I was watching for a few months. He said they dropped it off in the open packing shed behind the house. I never went back there before but together we walked down to the back of the house and to the old shed where there was a lot of old old potting stuff. There sitting right next to the old bag of compost that looked as if it never moved for 20-years was this big Dell box. It was his computer he ordered and shipped thru Dell.

This guy's name was Nobuo and lived in Pearl City but the package was delivered to Manoa to my friend's deceased auntie Nobue's house! Gross error on FedEx's part.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
          X