Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1-800-Quit NOT...or is it suppose to mean NOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-800-Quit NOT...or is it suppose to mean NOW?

Recently started smoking again after a 2 year hiatus...

called the advertised 1-800-Quit-now phone number only to receive the dreadful computer voice...!!!!

So much for help Now!!!!

Call back between 7 and 9 pm... sheesh... I called at 8:45 pm....no answer...

False advertising....I dunno...maybe I just light up another on behalf of frustration at the number!

Re: 1-800-Quit NOT...or is it suppose to mean NOW?

Don't give up trying to quit! The ad for the quitline says it is open 7 days a week from 5am - 9pm. They have local (Hawaii based) staffing, so it is possible you called while they were busy at very end of the workshift (you said 8:45 pm?).

Call them first thing tomorrow, and use tonight as "bonus time" to prepare to quit (such as getting support from your family).

GOOD LUCK!!! GOOD HEALTH!!!

Comment

Re: 1-800-Quit NOT...or is it suppose to mean NOW?

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      Recently started smoking again after a 2 year hiatus...

called the advertised 1-800-Quit-now phone number only to receive the dreadful computer voice...!!!!

So much for help Now!!!!

Call back between 7 and 9 pm... sheesh... I called at 8:45 pm....no answer...

False advertising....I dunno...maybe I just light up another on behalf of frustration at the number!
      Ai yi yi yi yi! Please don't let those 2 years go to waste. My dad died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); a result of smoking.

Comment

Re: 1-800-Quit Now

Oh Tutusue, sorry to hear the sad news about your father.

Tobacco facts:
        It is reported that 1,100 adults die each year in Hawaii from their own smoking. According to Tob.Free Kids, 27,4000 kids under 18 alive in Hawaii today will ultimately die prematurely from smoking.

1-800-QUIT-NOW
        www.CallitQuitsHawaii.org
        Last edited by SouthKona; March 1, 2006, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X