Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some sickos on myspace

Originally posted by doc1456
    You have no clue how many usernames I have on different forums (heck, I'm starting to forget.)
    Wat's up with dat Doc? You are still the same person. Unless, you want to present yourself as another person entirely out of character as you truly are. I can not after meeting you in person would think you would do such a decieving thing. So you? Why?

Back on topic. The man was obviously caught red handed and lured the teenager from My Space. Parents will begin to monitor their child's time and check what they are looking at more than what they have been doing? They should have been doing it all along! Sssshhh!

Sickos? They come in all shapes and sizes!!!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; February 17, 2006, 11:37 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

i was wondering if you guys know of a site that has numerous "real stories" about kids who naively hooked up with some stranger and then got into trouble?

it wouldn't be pleasant reading but it would be a convenient place where a parent could say to his/her child, "Check this out. I'm not bsing you; sometimes, really bad things can happen when hooking up with strangers. Read some of these stories and get wise cuz I don't want anything like this happening to you... etc."

just wondering.
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

If you want some examples of the kind of sickos who frequent the internet and hit on unsuspecting young adults (both girls and boys), go to Perverted Justice. They work with police authorities to set up stings to bring these men to justice by pretending to be 12-15 year old girls and boys in chat rooms where those perverts start up conversations with the Perverted Justice staff people. The conversations are blogged and saved as evidence for future trials.

MSNBC has also worked with Perverted Justice and done a couple of hair curling documentaries showing some of these sickos caught in the act of coming to the "victim"'s house and being confronted by the MSNBC reporter. Some of these guys never seem to learn, either. They keep coming back over and over again. When asked why they do it, many claim they don't know why or make excuses about why they are even at the house they are filmed in.

The MSNBC documentary noted that in all the filming and work that Perverted Justice has done, there has never been a case of a woman being the predator; it's apparently a male thing.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          Wat's up with dat Doc? You are still the same person. Unless, you want to present yourself as another person entirely out of character as you truly are. I can not after meeting you in person would think you would do such a decieving thing. So you? Why?

This is why I use my name on the many forums I write on as well...so I can remember who da heck I am on every one of them and for those who lost contact with me over my lifetime can do a google search on my name and find me.

Speaking of Google searching of your own name, you should try it, it's amazing what stuff is out there in your name.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            This is why I use my name on the many forums I write on as well...so I can remember who da heck I am on every one of them and for those who lost contact with me over my lifetime can do a google search on my name and find me.

Speaking of Google searching of your own name, you should try it, it's amazing what stuff is out there in your name.
            Craig, when I first started going on the internet and checked my name - I was listed three times. Two for obituaries and one for my MAMA'S Resturant.
            Now, when I like laugh, I google. Ukipila comes up ~ real name, alias, whatevas associated to me comes up. Good fun.

What it boils down to ~ watch what you write cause it's forever on the Internet!!! It can help or come back to haunt you! Words are powerful. It is more powerful that a speeding bullet and then some.

Auntie Lynn Vasquez
            aka Auntie pUpuLE

Comment

I did a google search, and I found a few links that doesn't belong to me. Heck, there's already my name on myspace, which I don't even go on (just to tie into this topic )
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I know what you mean...some of my expert opinions were authored around 2am when the brain is somewhat foggy and has a lasting legacy on the internet. But that's why I cannot lie because eventually it all comes back when some sleuth digs up your past and posts it here on HT
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I know what you mean...some of my expert opinions were authored around 2am when the brain is somewhat foggy and has a lasting legacy on the internet. But that's why I cannot lie because eventually it all comes back when some sleuth digs up your past and posts it here on HT
                  Exacto Mundo!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

miulang, thanks for the link. looks like a site with useful info.
                    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Third man held in MySpace sex liaison
                      Police said the girl, a 15- to 16-year-old Kaimuki High School student, was contacted by the suspect via her MySpace Web site profile. The suspect also had a MySpace profile on which he presented himself also as a teenager, police said. Police said the two met face-to-face and consented to sex and went to the girl's home. The girl's mother caught them and called police. This is the third time within the last several weeks that police have arrested a man for allegedly soliciting sex with a minor through the MySpace Web site.

Comment

You can tell a lot of us here are old because 14-year old boys aren't as saintly as they used to be. Take a good look at any high school or middle school where 14-year old boys attend. These guys are definately in the know, just look at their 14-year old female counterparts.

14-year old boys are wearing cologne and 14-year old girls are wearing...well practically nothing anymore! They're watching more provocative TV programming than when I was 14 back in 1974! Their video games are even more distasteful.
                        Lucky you didnt come to my house at night on weekends......us 14 YO were getting drunk and having wild parties.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                          Police said the girl, a 15- to 16-year-old Kaimuki High School student, was contacted by the suspect via her MySpace Web site profile. The suspect also had a MySpace profile on which he presented himself also as a teenager, police said. Police said the two met face-to-face and consented to sex and went to the girl's home. The girl's mother caught them and called police. This is the third time within the last several weeks that police have arrested a man for allegedly soliciting sex with a minor through the MySpace Web site.
                          Uh huh. Why is this a MySpace problem, when the problem is obviously that this mom didn't teach her daughter right?

"Gee Mom, I figured that hooking up with guys twice my age who I meet online was OK. After all, you use that eHarmony.com thing yourself, don't you?"

Comment

I agree with Glen. It's not myspace.com's fault that there are these pervs taking advantage of naive kids. They've modified their login page at least 3x in the last month or so to make it harder to get to view things without signing up. Of course, you could always lie in your profile when signing up, so it's caveat emptor to any parent of an underage kid who allows free access to the computer at home to the kid.

I sometimes wander over there to see what one of my nephews is up to. Nice to know he hates me, since I haven't seen him in like 2 years.

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                              Uh huh. Why is this a MySpace problem, when the problem is obviously that this mom didn't teach her daughter right?
                              As I've noted earlier in this thread, I think the current hysteria over MySpace is ridiculous. I think most of us agree that it's the behavior, not the technology... how you use the tools, not the tools themselves.

Of course, not all parents are as tech savvy as their own kids, and if it weren't for overdramatic coverage by the media, who knows, maybe some parents wouldn't even think to ask, or learn more.

In this third incident, I'm not sure what annoys me more. That the young girl should have known better than to hook up with a stranger, or that the young girl should have known better than to conduct her hookups somewhere other than her parents' home!

Comment

for me, it's buggy. Try clik on a freind's link, nuttin happens but a big blank page, and some lil command to join. happens on most myspace links.

Comment

Working...
                                X