Ever been to Leapin Lizards???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever been to Leapin Lizards???

Hi Everyone. I need some help. My son is turning 9 years old soon and is begging me to have his birthday party at a place called Leapin Lizards which is located in Halawa Valley. I have never been there however he has been there several times. From what I hear it is a big warehouse that has bounce houses, slides, those big sumo outfits, jousting and maybe a 2 person obstacle course (I think) and some other things.

It sounds like lots of fun for the kids and adults but on the downside you are unable to bring in your own food/drinks. I don't mind buying food/drinks there but for 25+ kids and some adults the cost really adds up. I am still waiting to find out if I can at least bring in a birthday cake.

If any of you have been or know someone that has been can you please share your/their experience? Thanks everybody!!

Re: Ever been to Leapin Lizards???

That's pretty much the way it is (no outside food or drink) at most establishments that cater to birthdays and such (Chucky Cheese) is one of them. I'm pretty sure you'll be allowed a birthday cake however don't take things for granted.

At Chucky Cheese my sister in law wanted to bring in a birthday balloon for my kid's birthday party there. They said because they sell balloons inside the establishment she couldn't bring it in. But we could bring in a birthday cake because they don't do cakes. Hmmmm I wonder if I could bring in a 7-course Chinese luncheon buffet because they don't do Chinese either? Hmmmmm!!!!!

I've never been to Leapin' Lizards but in Idaho I did go to a college bar called Humpin' O'Hannahs.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      That's pretty much the way it is (no outside food or drink) at most establishments that cater to birthdays and such (Chucky Cheese) is one of them. I'm pretty sure you'll be allowed a birthday cake however don't take things for granted.

At Chucky Cheese my sister in law wanted to bring in a birthday balloon for my kid's birthday party there. They said because they sell balloons inside the establishment she couldn't bring it in. But we could bring in a birthday cake because they don't do cakes. Hmmmm I wonder if I could bring in a 7-course Chinese luncheon buffet because they don't do Chinese either? Hmmmmm!!!!!

I've never been to Leapin' Lizards but in Idaho I did go to a college bar called Humpin' O'Hannahs.
      Thanks for the reply... I did leave them a message to find out if I can at least bring in a bday cake... We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan-n
        From what I hear it is a big warehouse that has bounce houses, slides, those big sumo outfits, jousting ...
        Jousting??

This I have *got* to see.

So ... if some lonely lady wants to find her knight in shining armor, she should go to Leapin' Lizards?

Comment

"LEAPIN' RIP-OFF"

When I first called Leapin Lizard, I was told the charge for the Adults ($5/ea) would only apply for those that went into the inflatable. Then my husband called and did a tour and asked if there were a charge for the adults that just sat and watched the kids played. Again was quoted "NO CHARGE" in person and on the phone. Once the party was over I notice that I was billed for 11 adults. Tried calling them several times leaving a message to call back, but they avoid my calls. Finally went and confronted the owner and she said that was impossible about the "NO CHARGE" for the adults that didn't go into the inflatable. As we were still trying to get our refund back because we were misquoted, they mention that 6 adults were free and the 2 parents of the child, which equal 8 for free. Well, a total count for adults was 17, minus the 8 free adults, comes out to 9. But instead they still charge me for 11 and won't refund me at all. I believe they intentionally misquote the "NO CHARGE" for adults that were NOT going into the inflatable as a lure and then slap you with the bill and deny any such thing about the "NO CHARGE".

Comment

Working...
          X