Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A walk up and down Wilhelmina Rise.

I'm gonna be 50 soon...

...one thing I have never done was hike. Honest.

I've always seen pictures and heard stories of the beautiful breath taking veiws of what people seen.

Anybody interested in taking an old Auntie for a short hike up oneday? I promise I no ack Pupule!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

All this talk about hiking reminds me of this really nice guy I finally was able to meet in person at a "Cyber 'Ohana" party in Kahalu'u a few years back, and who also happens to be one of the premier hikers in the state of Hawai'i. Maybe TutuSue might care to elaborate a little more about Nay-ten after she finishes her swooning.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
        All this talk about hiking reminds me of this really nice guy I finally was able to meet in person at a "Cyber 'Ohana" party in Kahalu'u a few years back, and who also happens to be one of the premier hikers in the state of Hawai'i. Maybe TutuSue might care to elaborate a little more about Nay-ten after she finishes her swooning.
        <tee hee> I've chased Nathan all over the internet for 10 years, swooming (yes, with an 'm'!) all the way! The cyber ohana had some really good times together, including hikes, concerts, lunches, dinners, pau hanas and picnics.

In addition to hiking, Nathan's turned into a wonderful nature photographer. I'd guess he combines the 2 activities. One of the things I loved most about the guy was his online typos! I think Pueo started a dictionary of all of our typos and Nathan had the most entries! 'Swoom' was one of them and it stuck!

On rare occasion he'll check in at soc.culture.hawaii. Very rare occasion, unfortunately. Busy guy, that Nathan.

Comment

Lynn, a good beginner hike (you know, just to see if you really wanna) is Manoa Falls. I've taken kindergartners there; it's easy and pleasant and you can talk story as you hike in. Ends at a falls, too. It's not one of those with the gorgeous view, but it's a nice start.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
            Lynn, a good beginner hike (you know, just to see if you really wanna) is Manoa Falls. I've taken kindergartners there; it's easy and pleasant and you can talk story as you hike in. Ends at a falls, too. It's not one of those with the gorgeous view, but it's a nice start.
            ...Hey! Scrivener! What a lovely suggestion. The great part about it is my kids know the trail. I'll ask them to take mommy as part of my BD presents.

Mahalo,

Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
            X