Christmas Train Display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Train Display?

Are there any places on Oahu that set up an elaborate model train display for Christmas? Thanks for any info!

Re: Christmas Train Display?

I seem to have memories of something like this, but no memory of where, and it certainly wasn't recent.

I presume you're excluding the big rideable train setups the malls do for kids?

Model train folks are a passionate bunch. Maybe a quick call to the Hobby Company at Pearlridge (487-2473) can turn up an especially worthwhile display in town?

Comment

Re: Christmas Train Display?

Originally posted by pzarquon
      I seem to have memories of something like this, but no memory of where, and it certainly wasn't recent.

I presume you're excluding the big rideable train setups the malls do for kids?

Model train folks are a passionate bunch. Maybe a quick call to the Hobby Company at Pearlridge (487-2473) can turn up an especially worthwhile display in town?
      Thanks for the suggestion. I will ring them up. What brought it to mind is a longstanding tradition of the Hilton Guam where they have a very elaborate display which has been sent around the world via webcam for seventeen years (possibly one of the earliest uses of a webcam?) Guam Christmas Train Cam I remembered how much I enjoyed seeing the train when I got an email from a friend. Now I want to see if there is a cool one here I can go see.

Comment

Working...
      X