the bald truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the bald truth

hi. you guys are full of good advice so i'm asking for your wisdom again. being an old gas, my hair is thinning & receeding but i didn't think much of it. after reading this simple article

http://www.hair-styles.org/hair-thinning.html

i wondered about the effectiveness and safety of products like
    Propecia and Rogaine (or even Revivogen, suggested by my stylist/cutter). if it's that straightforward and if the risks are that small (plus a permanent dent in one's wallet), i would consider doing it. (i'd never consider a transplant.) anyway, if you guys know anything about this matter, i'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the subject.

thanks
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: the bald truth

What's wrong with a transplant?

Comment

Personally I've decided to embrace my inner male pattern baldness (in my case manifested by thinning at the crown and receding at the temples; it's been graying for 25 years).
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

why not a transplant? nothing mysterious. just my personal preference.
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

My plan is to eventually just shave my head. I did it once back in the early eighties and my headshape worked for it. At this time there's a growing helicopter pad going on up there and I don't like the "Bozo the clown" look that I forsee in the future. No creams or transplants for me.
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
            if you guys know anything about this matter, i'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the subject.
            http://www.follicare.com/index2.html

Comment

Bald is sexy. Work it, baby!

Comment

ha! ha! madazza, i'm sure bruce willis could make your toes curl but i'd make you hurl! ha! ha!

kimo, can you provide some reasons why (i assume) you recommend follicare over the other products? or maybe there's no significant difference?

like i said, i'm not sure if i'll do anything at all but after, for example, reading about follicare, it's just a simple matter of using a spray and possibly a shampoo. pretty simple and straightfoward...

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                  Bald is sexy. Work it, baby!
                  High-5, Maddy.

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
                    i wondered about the effectiveness and safety of products like
                    Propecia and Rogaine (or even Revivogen, suggested by my stylist/cutter). if it's that straightforward and if the risks are that small (plus a permanent dent in one's wallet), i would consider doing it. (i'd never consider a transplant.) anyway, if you guys know anything about this matter, i'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the subject.
                    Rogaine has worked quite well for a guy I know. He started treatment for his thinning crown about 3 months ago and his hair is definitely thicker and he sees much less hair loss. It's a lifelong commitment, but he's very happy with the results.

I know another guy who saw no improvement with Rogaine but Propecia worked great - he went from almost bald to a full head of hair in about one year. He said some weird side effects from the Propecia, though, but he wouldn't go into specifics.

Comment

thanks for everyone's comments.

tiabla, i'm only guessing but it's possible that your friend didn't want to tell you about the little side effects cuz based on just a little searching on the web, i've found that one of the little side effects involves a man's favorite toy! if you're interested, check out this page and scroll down to "side effects". http://www.hair-styles.org/hair-thinning.html . keep in mind that i'm just guessing. he may have had something else in mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X