Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know christmas is coming when...

- Ala Moana started to put up decorations near center stage
    - when someone who look like a local santa came on the bus, kids sat on his lap!
    (it got worse when schoolkids entered the bus, and they heard someone say "hohoho" [apparently, he said that to a kid who was already on board, which was like a calling card to let other kids rush to the back]). Of course, parents were embarassed, and he really did look like santa (well, a local santa, with an aloha shirt, shorts, and slippers, but no glasses)

EDIT: I'm 1337!!! (post count, that is)
    Last edited by adrian; November 7, 2005, 05:41 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: You know christmas is coming when...

Delilah was playing Christmas songs on KUMU FM radio last night.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

When the kids start paying attention to the fact that Santa Claus really is watching now.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

... the gilrfriend is gone all day AND night at the shopping malls.

... we bring home and decorate a LIVE Christmas Tree. Love that smell.

... you feel that cool Hawaiian winter nip in the air.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

...when the price of turkey comes down

...when hard fo' find opihi on the rocks

...when Walmart started sell decorations in early October!

Peace on Earth
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

My sister and I both happen to hate the same holiday song, so we used to have a friendly bet - who could go the longest into the holiday season WITHOUT hearing "Jingle Bell Rock."

We had to stop with the bet, however, when I got my job programming music for businesses, as we start listening through holiday music selections usually by the beginning of August. I would always lose, now.

(And then, when we're finished with our holiday programming by early November, everyone starts playing it - so I get a heavy dose for five months each year. Please, pray for my sorry soul...)

Comment

Two words:

BAH HUMBUG!

Comment

You know it's Christmas Day when (if you're lucky) NPR plays Jacob Marley's Christmas Carol. If you've never heard that, you should try to. I wish it would be released on CD, though; tapes wear out.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

...during the Waianae Christmas parade the Waianae High School band, marching down Farrington Ave. (ummm, make that Hwy...the street that I live on...sheesh!), stops to play "Louie Louie"! That has rung in the holidays for me for 12 years. Gotta love it!!!
                  Last edited by tutusue; November 10, 2005, 01:56 PM. Reason: Corrected the name of the street I live on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                    ...during the Waianae Christmas parade the Waianae High School band, marching down Farrington Ave., stops to play "Louie Louie"! That has rung in the holidays for me for 12 years. Gotta love it!!!
                    And the group that made that song famous is The Kingsmen, a Washington State group. For awhile, there was a movement to adopt "Louie Louie" as the official state song

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X