Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opium poppy plants seized on Big Island

Opium poppy plants seized on Big Island
    HILO, Hawai'i — A recent Big Island police raid on a marijuana-growing operation in Ka'u turned up a patch of 226 opium poppy plants, a crop so rare in Hawai'i that police initially weren't certain what they had found.
    Greeaaat. Green Harvest was so successful at getting rid of pakalolo and replacing it with ice; and now we've got locally grown opium to deal with too.

Re: Opium poppy plants seized on Big Island

I saw that story and immediately wondered if the DEA was now going to be scouring the countryside looking for any Afghani immigrants who lived on the Big Island...

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Opium poppy plants seized on Big Island

Have you seen the Chinese Hibiscus? the pod looks like a close cousin of the poppy before it blooms into the Hibiscus flower and it's leaves look just like pakalolo when it first sprouts. My dad was growing them back when I was a kid and was shocked at first when I saw the rows of the stuff growing in our backyard.
      Last edited by craigwatanabe; September 9, 2005, 01:37 PM.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
      X