New Waikiki redevelopement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Waikiki redevelopement

Bye bye IMP space and greenery for well-heeled connected chicanery and now we see what's going to be another mega dollar giveaway via the South Western gateway to Waikiki eyesore in the ugly form of seriously bland design construction blocking out virtually all views of the harbor and shoreline, and most of everything in fact is obliterated by this beyond typically ill-conceived crap. http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=login&f=y
    http://www.staradvertiser.com/business/
    Waikiki was ruined long ago and it just gets worse and worse, but the original concept showed a very attractively stylized building that could have benefitted the area, but what they show will be built instead is pathetic, worse even than old Pete's boat house.
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; March 17, 2014, 12:44 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: New Waikiki redevelopement

Yes Ron, these outside developers will mutate the inland into a bizarre shadow of its former shape.

The rogues should be cast to shark dwellings.

The old ghosts of the Nightmarchers will make an approach in the old stream systems.

They glow a an Argon blue and pass with a slight hissing noise.

Comment

Progress.

Another word for 'development.'

Yes we need to address our homeless, but more, we need to stop migration to Hawaii for people who become homeless.

There is a limit to our carrying capacity.

Have you recently noticed stores with fewer products you shop for? I have.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        Yes we need to address our homeless, but more, we need to stop migration to Hawaii for people who become homeless.
        How, by social profiling?
        It a semi-free country and anybody can go anywhere and become homeless either by choice or circumstances. We can sustain even more homeless here and like it or not we will be as our leaders won't do shit that matters to help, but the answers are available.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          How, by social profiling?
          It a semi-free country and anybody can go anywhere and become homeless either by choice or circumstances. We can sustain even more homeless here and like it or not we will be as our leaders won't do shit that matters to help, but the answers are available.
          What we need and what we can do are two different things.
          Already Waikiki is mostly a concrete jungle.
          Oahu is turning into either another New York or another Hong Kong, particularly the Honolulu/Waikiki area. It's sad, but true.
          ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            What we need and what we can do are two different things.
            Please explain. I see it as we can easily do the things we need, we just need the willingness of those that control.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              Please explain. I see it as we can easily do the things we need, we just need the willingness of those that control.
              Oh Ron, you are right on. Government "By the people and for the people" has morphed into "Government by the rich special interests for the special interests, to make them richer."

So we need to elect people that are responsible to the Public (US) and not to the special interests which fund their election campaigns.

One idea is a limit to election/reelection donations, which even then would have to be carefully policed, because corporate entities can put pressure on their employees (with cash benefits) to donate the corporate's money under their own name.

Another is to impose term limits for Senators and Congresspeople. It's something we can do; it's in the Constitution.

Democracy is NOT an easy job. We all need to work to make it work. First vigilance, then accounting; maybe it's too much work for us? (For me?)

If we are not involved in politics then politics will involve us.
              ~ ~

Comment

Working...
              X