The Dalai Lama and religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dalai Lama and religion

The Dalai Lama has a thought provoking answer when asked, "what is the best religion?" Essentially his respnse was, "the best religion or non-religion for you is the one that makes you a better person."

Blessed Be.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: The Dalai Lama and religion

Ah, so 'best religion = better person = total nonsense'. Next question, please.
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
      Ah, so 'best religion = better person = total nonsense'. Next question, please.
      You don't get it do you? But then again, I'm not surprised.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

“If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad. If not, don't worry. Just forget about it.”
        ~ Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Oh, I get it. The Dalai Lama is mocking you and anyone else who believes his comment on this subject has redeeming value.

Why discuss 'what seems useful to you', when you are such a poor judge of what is useful? A teacher instills value despite the beliefs of his students, not in accordance with their preconceived notions.
          Last edited by salmoned; August 18, 2011, 02:22 PM.
          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

“We cannot learn real patience and tolerance from a guru or a friend. They can be practiced only when we come in contact with someone who creates unpleasant experiences.”
            ~ Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              “If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad. If not, don't worry. Just forget about it.”
              ~ Dalai Lama XIV
              Ah, so, grasshopper.... The best religion is the one that helps you embrace truth and reject falsehood - and to determine which is which.

(Please submit votes to Next@Dalai.Lama.XV.com)

(And put that tongue back in before we start calling you Leo Likio....)
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
              X