New Moanalua Trails! 6/06/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Moanalua Trails! 6/06/09

When you need to escape the concrete, Moanalua Valley is a great place to go.
    If you're into it... you can even reach the summit and overlook Kane'ohe.

From today's Honolulu Advertiser newspaper. Enjoy!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: New Moanalua Trails! 6/06/09

This is a great development! Only wish I could get there. Sigh.
    Speak to the heart and the man becomes instantly virtuous. Emerson

Comment

The Ko`olau summits are a spiritual as well as a physical experience.
      If you can't do the 7 miles from Aiea loop tail park, try Moanalua, and if all else fails, even the Pali Lookout will bring chills to your spine and wind up your kilt.

These are magical places.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I love the mountains, but never made it to the Ko'olau summit from any approach. One for the future!

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post

From today's Honolulu Advertiser newspaper. Enjoy!
        I notice in the Advertiser article, it said the trail had been OK'ed by Hawaiian cultural practicioners. I do remember hearing, a long time back that the Moanalua valley is full of spiritual places and wahi pana. I don't know - does the OK mean that the new trails avoid these?

Comment

Originally posted by Betsey View Post
          This is a great development! Only wish I could get there. Sigh.
          I do not know what prevents you, Betsey, even the Pali lookout has much mana and is even accessible for people in wheelchairs.

If you are afraid of unihipili or other Hawaiian spiritual concerns, there are a number of people you can contact to guide you, ask around. You can even ask here, and one of us can match you with someone acquainted with a particular area.

Most of the mana in Hawaii is positive, and benign. Negative areas are huna, and not much talked about, to avoid confrontation.

Push open your boundaries.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Hi Kaonohi

The thing that prevents me is being on the other side of the world. (I do know the Pali by the way, and it is as you say, really impressive).

And my concerns about wahi pana etc would only be about giving offense, failing to pay respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Betsey View Post
              Hi Kaonohi

The thing that prevents me is being on the other side of the world. (I do know the Pali by the way, and it is as you say, really impressive).

And my concerns about wahi pana etc would only be about giving offense, failing to pay respect.
              What You ? Giving offense,,,, I doubt that very much !

Comment

Thank you, Barry

Looking back at my post, I can see I didn't make myself very clear. I have a love of sacred landscapes and sites, anywhere, not just in Hawaii, so it just wouldn't occur to me to think of negative mana in that context. Unless I brought it by blundering in with my goofy enthusiasm! But as Kaonohi said, that could be avoided by going with someone who knows about these things.

There are some very profound places in Ireland too! We'll be going to Sherkin Island in West Cork in August - a stone circle on a hill top there, and the wild Atlantic coasts.

Comment

Working...
                X