Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nursing home full of booze

EEyowzaa! What a thread!!

If the LOM ("little ole men") get the "little blue pill," the LOL ("little ole ladies") will be in trouble!

Can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
      C'mon, you guys...do you refuse to believe that older people can have sex lives?
      I have read articles in AARP (yes, I'm a member!) and other periodicals that STD's and HIV are very common and a major issue for seniors due to them
      not thinking they need condoms/protection since they can't get pregnant
      thus perpetuating the spread of those illnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
        If the LOM ("little ole men") get the "little blue pill," the LOL ("little ole ladies") will be in trouble!
        Bean thar, dun dat.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

My father, who had various aches and pains, was prescribed lots of Vicodin. I asked him once if he was afraid of getting hooked on the stuff, and he answered, "I'm 84 years old. What the hell do I care?"
          Burl Burlingame
          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
            My father, who had various aches and pains, was prescribed lots of Vicodin. I asked him once if he was afraid of getting hooked on the stuff, and he answered, "I'm 84 years old. What the hell do I care?"

Exactly. Booze, cigarettes, computergames, drugs, sex, and bad tempers should be allowed and available to them.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Exactly. Booze, cigarettes, computergames, drugs, sex, and bad tempers should be allowed and available to them.
              Yeah, but leave out the handguns.

Kill someone and get life in prison? Whut dah heck! Already in prison, an how long of a sentence could that be? Bah!

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                I have read articles in AARP (yes, I'm a member!) and other periodicals that STD's and HIV are very common and a major issue for seniors due to them
                not thinking they need condoms/protection since they can't get pregnant
                thus perpetuating the spread of those illnesses.
                I may have told this story in another thread. My first day at work in an ob/gyn office a really sweet, elderly lady was seated in the waiting room. She was in for an unspecified infection. She and I got talking and she'd just moved to the senior housing development down the street. Turns out she had an STD, the result of a fling with one of the moving company guys! While that's not really funny when you think about it, I still gave her a big high 5, behind her back, of course!
                Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                That's exactly how I felt about my parents use of sleep meds during their 70s and 80s. What did they have to lose?!

Comment

But, What will their parents say?

Comment

"You're grounded! Bedtime is at 6:30 instead of 7:30! And no Wheel of Fortune for a whole week!"

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                      "You're grounded! Bedtime is at 6:30 instead of 7:30! And no The Price is Right for a whole week!"
                      I fixed this for you.
                      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X