Live on the Lawn - March 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live on the Lawn - March 2009

Did anyone else make it to this past Friday's free Live on the Lawn event? There were a lot of young adults this month, and when that happens, the entertainment tends to be good. They must know something. Perhaps they are friends of Lisa Wong, the 2009 Narcissus Queen.

Here's my best pic of Lisa Wong during her kung fu painting performance.

Here's a candid pic which makes me think of "OIA vs. ILH" (I believe Lisa Wong is an Iolani grad).

Also performing that night were dancers from Isla Tango. I love this woman's skirt and high heels.

The highlight of the evening was the last act. A pair of Balinese dancers with an 18 minute performance! Apparently they can dance for an hour straight, but cut their routine short for us impatient Americans.

Here's my Flickr set of the evening, enjoy!
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: Live on the Lawn - March 2009

Lisa Wong appeared on...oh, shoots, either Ellen or Oprah last month. Think it was Ellen. Can't remember which but such an interesting, umm, talent! Loved it!

Comment

It looks like she was on Ellen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGivH5Qqfo0
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "

Comment

WOW! I didn't expect that final result. At the beginning I thought it would just be some modern art nonsense but figured I might as well watch all four minutes. That's amazing!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I take it she won the talent portion of the Narcissus Festival Pageant by a wide margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
            I take it she won the talent portion of the Narcissus Festival Pageant by a wide margin.
            No idea, but it's sure a change from the usual talents displayed!

Comment

Yeah. I don't recall any other Narcissus Queen making it onto national TV.
              "

Comment

Working...
              X