Pineapples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pineapples

Where do you get yours? I don't want to drive all the way to Dole right now but..I might have to.

Re: Pineapples

Originally posted by OahuGirl View Post
    Where do you get yours? I don't want to drive all the way to Dole right now but..I might have to.
    heheheh....

Times Liliha, Foodland ~ School Street, Safeway Beretania. Why no moa markets wea you live? Gotta get...you get Computa?

Juss playing!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by OahuGirl View Post
      I'll guess that 97% of us get them from the store, 2% got them from someone they know who worked (now laid off) at Del Monte plantation, .5% grow their own and .5% steal them from the side of the road along the plantation fields in Kunia.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

<Grows his own. Pineapples. Papaya. Avos. Among other things.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Thanks..haven't been shopping offbase yet. I will now.

Comment

Are you looking for the actual (and whole) fruit itself or would you be happy with it being already sliced?

I take it the on base stores don't have the canned variety available?

Foodland Ala Moana sells the sliced ones in a plastic container in the produce section.

Comment

What base you on? Central area? Tamuras and Foodland have fresh pineapples most of the time....or like someone mentioned, when in season make like a tourist and stop by the side of the road. Make like you're taking pictures of the coast line and have another family member "take a walk" and go kakaroach one.

KMCBH, go Safeway, or is it Foodland, at Aikahi SC or just drive into Kaneohe town.

Airport side, check out Marukai, but you have to pay $10 per year to be a member.

Almost any supermarket will have. No need drive out to Dole unless you don't mind the drive. Maybe take in lunch at the Helemano Plantation restaurant.

Comment

The lopped off top can be replanted to grow more pineapples, but it takes a long time...
                I get mines from Times, Costco, or Chinatown.
                I dust chopped up pineapple with li hing mui powder. My wife eats it without the powder.
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

My dad's house. He grows the white acid-free sweet type.
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                    [...]I dust chopped up pineapple with li hing mui powder. My wife eats it without the powder.
                    Luv it with the powder! Ditto for papaya. Yummmmmmm...

Comment

Working...
                    X