Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tried the new Coke Blak?

Originally posted by Adri
    I dunno why, but Coke, the "real" one, not the Blak, lime, cherry, vanilla, whatever one, seems to me to taste better in a glass cup than out of the bottle/can or from a plastic or paper cup.
    I agree with you 100%. I hate drinking Coca-Cola (or Pepsi or RC) straight from the can or bottle. I find the best way to enjoy Coca-Cola is to pour it into a glass (I have my favorite glass for drinking my beverages from) over plenty of ice..preferably the crystal clear cubes one gets from an ice maker, not the cloudy homemade cubes from a tray. It's almost as if one needs to pour a Coke to let off some of the carbonation in the same way a beer or ale needs to be poured in order to develop a frothy head.

The absolute best Coca-Cola is the kind that is dispensed from fountain dispenser, like at 7-11. It's an added bonus when the dispenser is calibrated a tad off in the syrup department, and one gets a Coke with a little extra Coke syrup.

BTW, where I went to college (Southern Illinois Univ.) one could find straight Coca-Cola syrup for sale in half-pint bottles at many area drug stores. It was sold as relief for children's upset stomachs and nausea. One would give a kid who had a tummyache a teaspoon of Coke syrup in order to alleviate it. I myself would often buy it just to add an extra shot of syrup to my morning Coca-Cola....sort of along lines of a double shot expresso at Starbuck's.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
      It's an added bonus when the dispenser is calibrated a tad off in the syrup department, and one gets a Coke with a little extra Coke syrup.
      It's good when you can find pleasure in the little things life gives you - keep enjoying things like this, and your brief time on this planet just keeps runnin' in "greezed grooves." (Who will be first to pick up on that literary reference?)

Comment

They were handing out bottles of this stuff here for free when it first came out. "Blech" is right. I'm a fan of both coffee and Coke, but these are two great tastes that were just not meant to be together, IMO.

I discussed with friends before what would happen if you mixed two "elemental flavors", you know, the kind that take over whatever they're put in completely: banana, fish, root beer, etc... what would happen if you fried up fish in banana and root beer sauce? We figured the universe would just implode trying to decide how it should taste.

Coke Blak finally provided the answer: it tastes like Coke, then it tastes like coffee. Just weird.

Comment

next up it will be coke flavored spam
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent
            next up it will be coke flavored spam
            Oh no, please don't give them any ideas

I have to say though, even if I don't like the new flavors of soft drinks always coming out, I'm happy they're trying new stuff. They could probably just sit there churning out Coke and be perfectly happy financially.

Comment

I'm not a big coke fan (too sweet for me) and I dont drink coffee (but I love coffee-flavored items and the smell), so I'm not sure if I want to try it just yet.

Would it make a good ice cream float? (like a coke float or rootbeer float) Or is the taste way too off to ruin good ice cream?

-k

Comment

I don't think the Blak would make a good ice cream float. There's something about the coffee taste that is more like real coffee than coffee ice cream so I think it would be odd. But hey, some people like odd

Comment

I just came back from Pahoa Hardware and they were selling chilled Blak. After this thread I decided to try it and actually I like it.

I drink my coffee black so the taste from Blak was actually good. If you tend to drink your coffee spiked with cream (or to some who prefer to have a little coffee to flavor their cream) you will probably not like it.

If you prefer the sweetness of Pepsi rather than the more bitter taste of Coke, then you probably won't like Blak either.

Fortunately for me I do drink my coffee black (as I do my expresso) and I prefer the less sweetness of Coca Cola, so the blend was actually refreshing to me. And as for a kick, I don't think it was meant for that as the coffee is more of a flavoring than an actual brew. Since an 8oz cup of Java ain't gonna wake up even the living dead. Just not quite enough. I'd love to see Blak in a 20oz bottle.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

YUCK I don't like it.

But it is better than the turkey and gravy flavored soda I tried at Thanksgiving!!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Adri
                      I don't think the Blak would make a good ice cream float. There's something about the coffee taste that is more like real coffee than coffee ice cream so I think it would be odd. But hey, some people like odd

Actually I don't see real coffee taste as being more odd than coffee ice cream. It really it should be that way.

I think a Blak float would be a great coffee drink. In the late 70's I used to take some Bailey's Irish Creme and mix it with Lion's Coffee to make one killer coffee drink.

Come to think of it add some rum and some vodka to a glass of Blak then a splash of Kahlua and I think that would be one heck of a mixed drink.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I like the Coke Blak website. Its got this groovy 70s background music on it
                        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                        X