Some good economic news for Hawai'i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good economic news for Hawai'i

Hawai'i was ranked #4 in the nation for median household incomes last year.

The state's median income was $61,160, up 5.2 percent from a year earlier. Only Maryland, New Jersey and Connecticut had higher income.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Some good economic news for Hawai'i

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
    Hawai'i was ranked #4 in the nation for median household incomes last year.
    Only good news to you. This is only because there are 2 or 3 or 4 working individuals per HOUSEHOLD.

Thats why the streets are lined with cars now.

Nothing to celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
      Only good news to you. This is only because there are 2 or 3 or 4 working individuals per HOUSEHOLD.

Thats why the streets are lined with cars now.

Nothing to celebrate.
      But for people who don't know the real situation in Hawai'i, seeing that people make more in Hawai'i than other places (even California and New York) also creates a desire to move to Hawai'i...damned if you do, damned if you don't. So that's why having something like HT around to help people considering a move is so helpful...if those Mainlanders accept what you say and do their own homework before making that move.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I think the reason for the high ranking is because Hawaii has many civil service employees, and we all know government in any form affords a comfortable living. Not rich, but comfortable. And retirement ain't bad, either.

Comment

Working...
        X