Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Legislature & The Dog

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    who fears them? Do they earn the fear because they are so smart, or are they that mean?
    Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Pua'i, I'm going to scrape this one off my shoe and back away from the thread.
    *giggles*

ok...ain't no biggie anyway.
    hee hee hee

Too Funny...

Comedy Central at it's BEST!

Mahalo

Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I know I should perform my civic duties better, but I just don't follow local politics. Is Hee a powerful senator? Is Hanabusa? Are they effective? Are they respected? Feared? Ethical?
      Those are a lot of different perspectives, and I suspect you are testing us, Pua‘i, so I will just volunteer the power aspect. Both veteran politicians Clayton Hee and Colleen Hanabusa hold powerful positions, of course. Hee as chair of the judiciary committee, and Hanabusa as Senate President.

But beyond that, Hee has developed a long and close-knit relationship with Democratic insiders, not to mention the fact that as a two-time OHA chairman, he has significant support in the Hawaiian community. He is one of the original 1978 Constitutional Convention delegation of which emerged such big shots as former Governor John Waihe‘e. And it doesn’t hurt that he’s married to former television reporter/producer Lynn Waters.

Hanabusa’s appeals to the women's constituency bloc, as the first-ever female Senate president. Because of her maverick (ala Ed Case) style, she appealed to the “New Democrats” who would rather distance themselves a bit from the so-called “Old Boy Network.” Like Hee, she helped shore up her considerable base by running for Congress.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Wow! TuNnL!!! Excellent! I'm impressed...really.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
          Those are a lot of different perspectives, and I suspect you are testing us, Pua‘i, ...Like Hee, she helped shore up her considerable base by running for Congress.
          lay your suspicions to rest, Tunnel. Aside from that interesting Race to Replace Case, I don't pay as much attention as I should to the personalities in state Gov/Leg politics, and I am not ashamed to confess that it has a lot to do with my opinions on sovereignty (enter joke about the Secret/Laws of Attraction HERE).

Now, ask me about my opinions on Obama, HRC, Giuliani and McCain...island economies...global hegemony...warming...

pax

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
            Those are a lot of different perspectives, and I suspect you are testing us, Pua‘i, so I will just volunteer the power aspect. Both veteran politicians Clayton Hee and Colleen Hanabusa hold powerful positions, of course. Hee as chair of the judiciary committee, and Hanabusa as Senate President.

But beyond that, Hee has developed a long and close-knit relationship with Democratic insiders, not to mention the fact that as a two-time OHA chairman, he has significant support in the Hawaiian community. He is one of the original 1978 Constitutional Convention delegation of which emerged such big shots as former Governor John Waihe‘e. And it doesn’t hurt that he’s married to former television reporter/producer Lynn Waters.

Hanabusa’s appeals to the women's constituency bloc, as the first-ever female Senate president. Because of her maverick (ala Ed Case) style, she appealed to the “New Democrats” who would rather distance themselves a bit from the so-called “Old Boy Network.” Like Hee, she helped shore up her considerable base by running for Congress.

So TuNnL:
            Having said that, and I'm not testing you either, here we have Hee on the one hand, a 1978 ConCon veteran. And here we have Hanabusa, who appeals to the New Dems who distance themselves from the Old Boy Network. Doesn't being a 78 ConCon vet mean Hee is immersed in the OBN, is OBN? Do they work together or work against each other? Pondering... Good bar talk! haha
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
            X