Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djou's Robo Calls

http://www.kitv.com/politics/23928538/detail.html

Same thing happened to me a couple of hours ago, yesterday, the day before...

Re: Djou's Robo Calls

I had about 3 calls so far, each time calling when I am not at home.
    Last edited by helen; June 16, 2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Every time I get a robocall from Djou I'm going to make a contribution to the Hawaii Democratic party.

Is anyone on Djou's alleged staff or the "private telemarketing company" reading this discussion board? I'd be happy to provide my phone number via PM to help you more appropriately tailor your "DO NOT CALL" list to your intended audience...
      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
        Every time I get a robocall from Djou I'm going to make a contribution to the Hawaii Democratic party.
        Is anyone on Djou's alleged staff or the "private telemarketing company" reading this discussion board?
        Terrific idea, I'm down, and will up the ante by picking up someone's public litter each time as well.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

The owners of the home I'm house sitting received one yesterday. I didn't think much about it because they're registered republicans.

I received a call a half hour ago; one I didn't answer because it showed as "0" in caller ID. A voice mail message wasn't left. Might that have been a Djou call?

ETA: I also received a mail out survey from Djou last week. My first thought was if my answers don't agree with what he wants to hear, will my answers be ignored! Ok, so I think that about all political surveys!
          Last edited by tutusue; June 17, 2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            Terrific idea, I'm down, and will up the ante by picking up someone's public litter each time as well.
            What a great idea! Turn a negative into a positive! Make sure you publicize this and start a campaign! There's a lot of opala that needs to be taken care of. Glad to know you're doing your part in cleaning up our aina. I hope Djou calls you a lot for the sake of the islands.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              What a great idea! Turn a negative into a positive! Make sure you publicize this and start a campaign!
              I think I'll probably get enuf publicity for this year when/if I manage to do my anti-campaign for The Mufster by marching back and forth in front of his Beretania St. office with a big sign that say's JUST SAY NO! backed with M'UFA! We'll see how long it takes Mr. Happy to sic HPD on me for excercising my right of speech... Gotta get this old ticket dealt with soon so he doesn't have TOO easy of a time railing me off to the hoosegow!

Per the trash, I'm used to picking up litters from way back. A friend started the first public litter detail in the early 80s that used trash bags on the roadside with promotional stickers for those that paid as sponsers. Others picked up on that one since.

Comment

I'll probably get enuf publicity for this year when/if I manage to do my anti-campaign for The Mufster by marching back and forth in front of his Beretania St. office with a big sign that say's JUST SAY NO! backed with M'UFA! We'll see how long it takes Mr. Happy to sic HPD on me for excercising my right of speech... Gotta get this old ticket dealt with soon so he doesn't have TOO easy of a time railing me off to the hoosegow!
                And you can deal with that old ticket in less then 30 seconds via this website: Hawai‘i State Judiciary eTraffic Hawai‘i

As you can see, Ron, although a Honolulu police officer may have issued you your citation, your ticket is a state matter, not a city one, so it would be state sheriffs, not Mufi (or HPD for that matter) railing you off to the hoosegow.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

so, are we to understand from this posting that you are a Mufi supporter?
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

and the calls are coming from Idaho! Can't even use Hawaii folks for that. Sure won't miss him after Nov.. I hope he enjoys his 7 months in DC

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo lolo View Post
                      and the calls are coming from Idaho!
                      Does he want to leave the WAC too?

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                        so, are we to understand from this posting that you are a Mufi supporter?
                        Don’t know how you came to that conclusion, but no, I have not thrown my support to any of the candidates yet. Hannemann does seem like the moderate candidate among the three “leading” hopefuls, but then again, that moniker didn’t do much for Ed Case. If you have followed even 5% of my 2,000+ posts, you would know that I am an independent. Unfortunately, we haven’t had an independent win a partisan political race in this state since Keiko Bonk.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

just checking
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                            And you can deal with that old ticket in less then 30 seconds via this website: Hawai‘i State Judiciary eTraffic Hawai‘i

As you can see, Ron, although a Honolulu police officer may have issued you your citation, your ticket is a state matter, not a city one, so it would be state sheriffs, not Mufi (or HPD for that matter) railing you off to the hoosegow.
                            Oh...
                            Then why has it never been State sheriffs, troopers, or mounties, but instead always HPD, that whisked me away other similar times?
                            Plus, I doubt la Mu will be having any State authorities glowering over my presence on City property, the sidewalk, fronting his campaign HQs. He very well might some other time should it become unfortunate that he'd ever become Gov. and have them at his immediate disposal.

And thanx for the link, I'm sure others may find it handy, but I have my own ways of handling the matter.

Comment

Then why has it never been State sheriffs, troopers, or mounties, but instead always HPD, that whisked me away other similar times?
                              My guess is you were (allegedly) breaking city laws rather than state laws in those particular instances. But “similar times” is a pretty vague description, and may only be “similar” in the mind of Ron Whitfield.

Plus, I doubt la Mu will be having any State authorities glowering over my presence on City property, the sidewalk, fronting his campaign HQs. He very well might some other time should it become unfortunate that he'd ever become Gov. and have them at his immediate disposal.
                              I seriously doubt Mufi would do anything “similar” to what Governor Lingle did to the DOE teachers. Hannemann’s handlers, Bill and Mark are seasoned operatives compared to Lenny and Russell.

And thanx for the link, I'm sure others may find it handy, but I have my own ways of handling the matter.
                              Always the rebel.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                              X