Another "did I really say that?" from Mufi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "did I really say that?" from Mufi

As if his "Do we need it? Can we afford it?" mantra wasn't haunting enough in the face of his support for projects like The Rail and The Boat, now comes this statement from the Mufster on the issue of Gov. Lingle's proposal to offer pay cuts to the public worker unions.

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/200..._pay_cuts.html

"We all have good relationships with the unions, in some instances way better than the administration," Hannemann says.

Yes, Mufi. You enjoy a very good relationship with the unions. A relationship that is so good you are willing to jack up Oahu property taxes just to keep the unions happy. And this, despite an economy that is going sour and many people in the private sector taking pay cuts or totally losing their jobs outright. But at the same time, you expect them to pay more in taxes and fees to preserve your "good relationship with the unions."

Wake up, people! Is this the kind of self-serving politician you want as your congressman or governor?
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: Another "did I really say that?" from Mufi

Arrggghhh. I think the city needs to relearn how to operate like it did before the housing boom and the increased tax revenue it saw because of it. It makes me disgusted that my property tax bill is at its highest ever when by all indications my house is not at its highest vaule ever.
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Working...
    X