Call Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Choice

This is an interesting voice mail>email feature now being offered to cell phone customers by Hawaiian Telcom. What's unique, I think, is one does not need a Hawaiian Telcom wireless account. It works with other cell phone providers as well.

I'm trying it and really like it. My messages are sent to my email and include text with the caller's name and phone # (if not blocked!), date, time and a .wav file with the actual message. This is great for record-keeping...no more scraps of paper and post-it notes for messages! Or, if I need to pick-up messages while on the road I know I'll have a back-up when I return to my computer.

It's FREE! And, after reading the FAQ it appears their intent is to keep it free. We'll see!!! The "Powerful new text reply and callback features... right from your email!" works only in web based email.

Anyhooo, I'm wondering if anyone on HT is using Call Choice and, if so, how do you like it?

Re: Call Choice

I'm intrigued, Sue! I'd love to get that on my gmail!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
      I'm intrigued, Sue! I'd love to get that on my gmail!
      Give it a try and report back, esp. if you're not a Hawaiian Telcom wireless customer. I'm interested in finding out if other provider's customers receive ads within the body of the emails. There are no ads...yet!...for telcom subscribers.

I'm thinking, in order to keep it a free service and once a decent size customer base is built, telcom will sell ad space. Time will tell, I guess!

Regardless, it appears the service is just as easy to turn off as it was to turn on.

ETA: This service works for non-web based email also. However the text reply and callback features only work within web based email. I use Eudora so don't have access to those 2 features.
      Last edited by tutusue; March 28, 2007, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I have HawaiianTel, I set it up a few days ago when they send the textmail about it. I havent had much chance to use it yet.
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
        X